Mexican 2015 leaf is actually a 2011 model

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edy

something strange it's happened here,
since June 4th. Nissan Mexico is offering the new 2015 Leaf.
that will be delivered on June 30th.
look at the link below.

http://web.nissan.com.mx/leaf/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and then look at this official presentation video, wheels, front bumper, and under the hood is a 2011 model.
it´s in Spanish, but just take a look on the car images.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4hwn2q4XCc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if somebody has any clue what´s going on down here?
let me know please..!!

Regards to everyone
Edy

mbender said:
eHelmholtz said:
Weckel said:
solo han reutilizado las fotos del modelo 2011 para la web, pero el modelo del video es el 2015 (o 2013).
That makes sense. I think you're right.
Siento disentir. ROL ;-)

No doubt, it's 2015 model, look at the camera under car logo, that only exist in 2015 (or 2013) model. And this is a picture of frunk.

1622278_10152063916052638_1766214209_n.jpg

Weckel said:
solo han reutilizado las fotos del modelo 2011 para la web, pero el modelo del video es el 2015 (o 2013).
pero en el video fue gravado hace solo 10 dias, se ve claramente toda la configuración de un 2011-2012, tal ves no tenían ningún 2013-2015 para hacer la presentación oficial y recurrieron al 1ra generación.

No doubt, it's 2015 model, look at the camera under car logo, that only exist in 2015 (or 2013) model. And this is a picture of frunk.

you right and i agree with you, it's a real 2015 model.
there is another clue in the video shoots, the dashboard shows only 76 total Kilometers. (47 miles),
but here born another question,
why they (Nissan Mexico) build the 2011-2012 configuration?

The camera on the rear hatch has been there the entire time on at least the top of the line SL model. It became optional on the SV and S for 2013.

As far as why Nissan is using the older configuration (on board charger between the rear wheels, rather than in the "engine" compartment), that I don't know. But then again, Nissan MX is still selling the Tsuru, which is a Sentra sold 20 years ago on this side of the border.

RonDawg said:
The camera on the rear hatch has been there the entire time on at least the top of the line SL model. It became optional on the SV and S for 2013.

As far as why Nissan is using the older configuration (on board charger between the rear wheels, rather than in the "engine" compartment), that I don't know. But then again, Nissan MX is still selling the Tsuru, which is a Sentra sold 20 years ago on this side of the border.
remind that i buy the all new Nissan Tsuru (Sentra). in my local dealer in 1992,
and later i noticed that it was running since 1991 in US.
Then i noticed that all US Sentras has fuel injection technology, and mine was the old carburetor system.
As been 24 years since then and things don't change here.
Now with that kind of weird things, i buy my cars in USA, i has to pay lots of money in import duties to bring the car to Mexico.
The funny thing is that my 2012 Leaf is exactly the same as the all new 2015 model here and they don't arrive to the hands of the proud new customers yet.
Sad but true...!!!

Edy said:
remind that i buy the all new Nissan Tsuru (Sentra). in my local dealer in 1992,
Then i noticed that all US Sentras has fuel injection technology, and mine was the old carburetor system.

I think the reason Nissan MX delayed fuel injection implementation was because carburetors were simpler to diagnose and repair, and more mechanics (especially outside the big cities) were familiar with them. Plus your smog regulations are probably not as strict as ours, and it is those regulations that caused carburetors to become outdated here.

No, I think it was purely and simply that they were cheaper and since they didn't need to use FI to meet smog requirements, they didn't... Remember how long the god-awful, old tech, doesn't meet any safety requirements, beetle (among other cars) was available in Mexico...

RonDawg said:
I think the reason Nissan MX delayed fuel injection implementation was because carburetors were simpler to diagnose and repair

adric22 said:
Until somebody goes down to an actual dealer and looks at one, my guess is that they are just using some old photos.
It looked to me that there were 2 different white LEAFs in the video. The first one was clearly a '13+ model (around view cameras, no side-marker lights), the latter one was clearly a '11-12 model (old inverter, no cord under the charge port for the around view camera).

RonDawg said:
Edy said:

I think the reason Nissan MX delayed fuel injection implementation was because carburetors were simpler to diagnose and repair, and more mechanics (especially outside the big cities) were familiar with them. Plus your smog regulations are probably not as strict as ours, and it is those regulations that caused carburetors to become outdated here.
now i got it,
the cars mandatory smog check just start 17 days ago here.
i don't know the rest of the country.
but the point here is that the new cars cost twice to the pubic than their counterpart US. and for the Mexican assembly plants cost the half to make cars with this old and obsolete technology.
nice trick to make a lot much more money.
so the Mexican auto maker industry delay the pollution regulations all those many years. this is just another clue that the Mexican Government and all the big Global companies has a corruption partnership.

oy! What prices are they offering on them? Are they discounted since they have been sitting all year in the heat (charged?) :eek:

Feng said:
Spare a thought for us here in Australia where Nissan Australia in their poor management imported more LEAFs (and Pulsars and Patrols) than they can sell. Our 2014 model are all 2012 build. When I bought mine last year it was already over a year old. Thankfully the tide looks like it's starting to turn: http://www.carsales.com.au/news/nissan/nissan-clears-the-decks-42392

kieranmullen said:
oy! What prices are they offering on them? Are they discounted since they have been sitting all year in the heat (charged?) :eek:

Feng said:
Spare a thought for us here in Australia where Nissan Australia in their poor management imported more LEAFs (and Pulsars and Patrols) than they can sell. Our 2014 model are all 2012 build. When I bought mine last year it was already over a year old. Thankfully the tide looks like it's starting to turn: http://www.carsales.com.au/news/nissan/nissan-clears-the-decks-42392
When they were first sold here in mid-2012 they were AU$51,500 (about US$48,000). A year ago the price got dropped to about US$37,600 where it's been ever since. The EV market in Australia is tiny, there are no government rebates and at last count there are only 88 Chargepoints around the whole country (there's a small handful of Blink and Better Place stations). When I bought my year old LEAF the battery was reading 98% SOH so I think the unsold cars are being looked after. There were signs the car was sitting in the elements for a while but nothing a thorough detailing couldn't fix.

The Outlander PHEV started selling here about two months ago and is doing okay from what I know. The i3 will be sold here in November along with the Model S later this year. Hopefully EV sales and infrastructure will pick up before Nissan decides to give up selling the LEAF here.

Feng said:
Australia is tiny, there are no government rebates and at last count there are only 88 Chargepoints around the whole country (there's a small handful of Blink and Better Place stations). When I bought my year old LEAF the battery was reading 98% SOH so I think the unsold cars are being looked after. There were signs the car was sitting in the elements for a while but nothing a thorough detailing couldn't fix.

The Outlander PHEV started selling here about two months ago and is doing okay from what I know. The i3 will be sold here in November along with the Model S later this year. Hopefully EV sales and infrastructure will pick up before Nissan decides to give up selling the LEAF here.

How is the Volt doing rebadged as a Holden.

Back