Measuring GIDs (what is available now?)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alas, no. The glass has no deductible but the Gid Meter would fall under comprehensive which has a $500 deductible... Since it is not "permanently installed", I thought my home owners might cover it but that is a $1,000 deductible for such things... So, I'm out of pocket on this one.

garygid said:
Are you unable to recover the cost of the stolen Built
GID-Meter from your insurance company?

garygid said:
Are you unable to recover the cost of the stolen Built
GID-Meter from your insurance company?

I have some "pull" with the GID-Meter maker, and I suspect
that I could get them to send a Kit out ASAP, or
have one Built fairly quickly.

Ya, what he said!!! I'd find that guy, and git you a new Gidmeter!!!

garygid said:
Email me, if you wish, for a special Good Customer rate
for a replacement SOC-Meter Kit.

Remind me (in the Email) of the options you want.

Shoot him an invoice for what a standard price +$500 would be and let his insurance company pay you full price. I hate that the victims have to suffer whenever crooks assault them.

ztanos said:
Shoot him an invoice for what a standard price +$500 would be and let his insurance company pay you full price. I hate that the victims have to suffer whenever crooks assault them.
Oh, goody! Thanks so much for advising that people try to cheat the insurance companies. The only result of that strategy is that we all have to pay higher rates. Either they pay the inflated claims and recoup by raising the rates, or they hire platoons of examiners to catch the cheats, and raise the rates to pay their salaries.

Ray

Should I add an additional $500 S&H fee when zan... orders a GID-Meter? :lol:

Apparently the insurance deductible is about 3 times the cost of the GID-Meter.

However, I have a few Kits available now, and parts for building a few more.
See http://www.wwwsite.com/puzzles/socmeter/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have one Meter in the Build queue, and a 3-port LEAF Logging System (LLS) order coming soon.
However, since LEAFSCAN, orders have dried up considerably.

Cheers, Gary

Since my car now appears to be exhibiting some degradation as well, whether permanent or temporary, I had an opportunity to test a theory Dave and I discussed in an older thread. It appears that the charging time display could be used reliably as a proxy for those that don't have access to a meter yet. I might start a separate thread on that, since it requires validation and input from other owners, but here is a quick gist of it:

Casey a Seattlite has developed a droid app you can install that works the same way. very easy to operate. search for "Nissan Leaf Calculator" by Casey Halverson

my SOC meter sits on top of dash all the time in plain sight. never thought to hide it. i had same type of thing in my Prius which has been there 3+ years, no issues and Prius is not locked as much as i would like it to be either

planet4ever said:
ztanos said:
Oh, goody! Thanks so much for advising that people try to cheat the insurance companies. The only result of that strategy is that we all have to pay higher rates. Either they pay the inflated claims and recoup by raising the rates, or they hire platoons of examiners to catch the cheats, and raise the rates to pay their salaries.

Ray

Oh goody! Thanks so much for reading this and not realizing it was a completely unrealistic request. I mentioned it in jest, Gary had already said he would help him out.

My brother, many years ago (1960's), mounted an expensive radar detector on his dash. Before he would exit his car, he would always cover it with a cap or hat and the wire was hidden . No one ever tried to steal his RD. I started using that method in 1990 when a trip computer was installed on the dash of my Celica. I've also used his idea with my SGIIs. The method works!

LEAFfan said:
My brother, many years ago (1960's), mounted an expensive radar detector on his dash. Before he would exit his car, he would always cover it with a cap or hat and the wire was hidden . No one ever tried to steal his RD. I started using that method in 1990 when a trip computer was installed on the dash of my Celica. I've also used his idea with my SGIIs. The method works!

Until some theif takes a fancy to the really cool hat! LOL! :D

Back