May Deliveries Pushed to July

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry, but this is my opinion and I am entitled to it. On top of that we live in a country where free speech is guaranteed. So I am going to express that opinion. However, I do believe that one should be courteous in expressing his/her opinion. So here goes...

I don't think it makes sense to think that Nissan would hold back deliveries as long as there are orders to deliver. Therefore, I do not believe that Nissan will be waiting on the Smyrna plant to begin operations to deliver LEAFs in the eastern or middle parts of the U.S. After all several LEAFs have already been delivered in Tennessee. And as one MNL participant whom I agree with said, I think Nissan will begin Requests for Quotes (RAQ) and orders in tier 3, sooner than later because there will be fewer actual orders in tier 2 than there were in tier 1.

It would be nice, though, if Nissan would dispel all this speculation and publish an updated roll out schedule so we would not be wondering any longer.

tps said:
buddf said:
Good things come to those who wait, right?
So what does this mean for those of us in the forgotten 36?

Depending on what tier you are in, I really don't think you will be waiting that much longer because the tier one's, second round will have their cars in Aug. or Sept. It's only a 3-4 month wait now instead of 14 months or more.

jimcmorr said:
I'm sorry, but this is my opinion and I am entitled to it. On top of that we live in a country where free speech is guaranteed. So I am going to express that opinion. However, I do believe that one should be courteous in expressing his/her opinion. So here goes...

I don't think it makes sense to think that Nissan would hold back deliveries as long as there are orders to deliver. Therefore, I do not believe that Nissan will be waiting on the Smyrna plant to begin operations to deliver LEAFs in the eastern or middle parts of the U.S. After all several LEAFs have already been delivered in Tennessee. And as one MNL participant whom I agree with said, I think Nissan will begin Requests for Quotes (RAQ) and orders in tier 3, sooner than later because there will be fewer actual orders in tier 2 than there were in tier 1.

It would be nice, though, if Nissan would dispel all this speculation and publish an updated roll out schedule so we would not be wondering any longer.

Jim have to agree with you 100% if Nissan has cars to sell, they will sell them. problem is the expected demand for Tier one alone is expected to outrun the production numbers.

right now, we have dealers actually getting away with selling Leafs at $5,000 over MSRP in a state that is quickly losing its incentives. i simply dont see a lot of extra cars lying around at this point.

Back