Max DIstance Club

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My longest trips are to the Nissan dealer for service: ~184 miles, which I have done three times. What makes it challenging is that it involves about 14,600 feet of cumulative elevation gain, with a low point to high point on the return leg of about 4700 feet:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6330&start=47" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The first time I did it, I made the 92 mile, 8000 foot cumulative gain, return leg on a single charge. That is no longer possible with my degraded battery (59.64 Ah).

My longest was according to Carwings 314 miles on August 4. I went from Federal Way, WA to an event
in Battleground, and then back through Renton to drop off a passenger. Except for the initial 100% charge
at home I used all quick chargers, a total of 7 quick charges. The car NAV system struggled to get to the
quick charge in Castle Rock(located on a road not on the map), I tried to force using it, but with the addition of road construction I ended up
circling about 3 times past the parked cop. So finally I knew about where it was so just ignored the NAV, and
easily drove there. I like the placement of the Aeroenvironment chargers, all where they would never be ICE'd.
First time use of these chargers found them easy to use with no touch screens that can stop working like
the Blink chargers. However the one in Ridgefield was located under a tree with a lot of birds. My just washed
Leaf did take some hits, but not as bad as the charger. The 1st time I plugged in, I had an error message.
So I tried again, and it worked fine. I also used this to top off on the way back and it worked fine, but did
see a post a week later here(MNL), that said it was down. I had a four hour cool down period in Battleground
before the trip back. Battery temperature was fine until the Centralia stop on the way back. I was concerned
about the distance to Fife, and pushed the charge past 80%. The battery got very hot, was either in red,
or just before red. As it turned out with typical evening traffic slow down I did not need to push the charge,
and was also glad to see the temperature drop 2 bars. this allowed me to make the final partial charge in
Fife to allow competing the trip. In Centralia I was happy to see that the Aeroenvironment system could do
both a quick charge, and an L2 at the same time, as there was a Leaf with a 6.6Kw charger also charging.
The speed limit south of Olympia is 70mph, so good portion of this trip was made at 70mph. Carwings says
I used 80Kwh for the trip.

93 miles on a single charge, through regular SoCal South Bay city/freeway driving. No turtle but only 7 miles left on the GOM and 6% on the battery charge indicator.

Back