Many new chargers popping up in Sacramento area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdvb747

I noticed a new charger pop up on the ChargePoint map in Sacramento (Wallgreens at Howe and Arden). My wife and I went out Friday night and charged there for almost two hours while we ate at Chili's and then did some shopping in the Wallgreen's.
I wrote a thank-you email to [email protected] saying that it was the perfect location for me and many other folks in the area since it was within short walking distance to many fast food joints, restaurants and a Starbucks. I also mentioned that we spent around $40 at Wallgreens on miscellaneous groceries and cold medicine which was significant in my mind because it was the first time either of us had been to a Wallgreens in about five years.
From this email I got two replies, one from the bay area infrastructure directory for 350Green and one from the CEO saying how nice it was to hear feedback from a EV driver. They also mentioned that there are a total of seven (!!!) locations that they are planning on bring up by the end of the week in the area. Overall goal seemed to be ending up with 150 chargers including 25 fast chargers in northern California, two of which are planned for Sacramento area.

Besides the charger at Howe and Arden two new Walgreens chargers popped in Folsom today, one at Glenn and Riley, and one at East Bidwell and Clarksville. The bay area director also mentioned a charger being installed at the Folsom Outlets. I work in Folsom so this is especially good news for me. :)
I charged up at the location at Glenn and Riley in Folsom at lunch today. Cement still hadn't dried.

Seems like they were very happy to hear some feedback and I am very happy to see chargers rolling in to the area. :D

I've written thank you notes to the locations each time I've used a public EVSE and each time got an enthusiastic reply. Definitely worth the effort to let them know we care.

These chargers are ChargePoint chargers, so I needed my ChargePass RFID card. So far they are free though I don't think they can build a business model around that.

This is excellent news.

Now, to just get some outlets or updated chargers in the fancy new airport terminal's parking garage.

BTW, most Chargepoint stations are free, and require an RFID card you must get from them (or from your company if you happen to work for one that has installed them). The few stations I'm aware of that do charge are in Los Altos (Used to be $5 per hour, but they must have realized their error and now cost $0.5 per hour), and Alameda (still $5 per hour).

Hello everyone,
please don't forget to put the charger location in the GPS on the main dashboard of the car. That way they will pop up in our system too.
e

eMaS said:
Hello everyone,
please don't forget to put the charger location in the GPS on the main dashboard of the car. That way they will pop up in our system too.
e

Really? I thought just charging at a new site was enough to add it to Nissan's database.

richard said:
eMaS said:
Hello everyone,
e

Really? I thought just charging at a new site was enough to add it to Nissan's database.

Huh? I thought it was only for the car itself to remember when you do either of those.
Does the car ever upload charging locations to Nissan that will be published to others?
I thought they got their charge locations through other means (such as directly from ChargePoint), not from cars uploading info about where they charged.

Lets say I charged at a friends house on their personal EVSE... I wouldn't want Nissan to suddenly start "advertising" that location to other LEAF drivers.

Back