Manual says to perform "ZERO POINT RESET" after passenger seat is removed SE pg 28

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NissanLeafCamper

So I was wondering if removal of the passenger seat would be a much easier option than removing the whole rear seats... and after reading the service manual SE pg28 it looks like passenger seat removal is just removing the 4 screws that hold the seat extender? bracket then disconnecting the passenger seat harness

though it mentions unplugging the lead acid battery for at least 3 minutes prior to doing this... is this to avoid the air bag exploding?

The thing is that if you read further it also states that when you need to reinstalll the passenger seat you need to do a "ZERO POINT RESET" SRC pg 50 and it sounds to me like you need a special unit to do this. It seems to be something about the weight sensor unit and ... i'm not sure what the sensor unit does... though I would guess it works in conjunction to detect if it is a passenger or a child? meaning.. air bag deployment?

If you need a special unit to do this reset then even though passenger seat removal would be easier... it would be lethal if I can't do this reset?

Also what are the changes of the side air bag exploding while I do this?

Do the rear seats have side air bags in them too?

Please stop starting a new topic for every part of your car. How about using one topic about whatever it is you are doing with your seats, interior covers, etc, and posting all of your questions there?

Here's a thread that describes how to reset the code that is thrown when/if you remove the seat and power on the car....

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3438

Back