Make a call using car audio

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timst

I just paired a Huawei flip phone to my 2015 leaf and it receives calls over the car audio system great. When I try to make a call, either via hands free or the navigation screen, the call goes through the phone's handset and stays there.

I thought it would go through the car audio system/microphone. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks.

Can't say as I've seen that.
I've had 2 phones paired with my 2012 SL (my old non-smart phone and my new Droid mini), and both I frequently made calls using the system.
The phones paired as I turned the car on, i hit the phone button on the steering wheel, and then choose my destination via the touch screen (haven't had much luck with voice recognition; it tries, but..).

Then the call goes thru and it's always thru the car audio system.

desiv

I would say it's a "bug" in the handset; as long as you select "car" (or whatever it says) on the handset, it should re-direct accordingly.

From my experience, the salespeople at Nissan are your best source for figuring these things out. They are required to pair phones with cars as part of the car delivery experience.

Second to that, does your phone have a contract with a big phone company like Verizon or T-Mobile? If so, go to one of their kiosks and ask their support person to help you pair the phone with the car. Again, these may not be the highest paid people in the world, but they know phones.

Bob

The phone in question (Huawei U3900) is Consumer Cellular's 'Envoy' phone (I like the small size). I played with the settings on the phone (there isn't too much there) and at one point I changed the 'Headset auto answer' from off to 2 seconds and at that moment in time it seemed to work - I could hear the ringing on the car's audio system, etc. However when my wife tried it later, it went back solely to the handset when making a call. I haven't tried to re-pair the phone but I suspect that probably won't work. I have a question in with CC but I suspect they'll say it's with the car's bluetooth settings or something else.

I did earlier. Huawei isn't even listed as a manufacturer. Plus all phones listed are smart phones only. No flips. :evil:

Back