Maintenance of the Leaf or other EVs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mark13 said:
I went in for my 7500 mile check up..I sat and waited for 2 hours for the car..The guy comes out to me and says evrything looks fine and it will be $89.00 :shock: I bet they sat in the car and listened to the radio :(
On your ICE vehicle they charge $389 for the same service :roll:

You need to find another dealer for your ICE! We just had our Acura in for it's next 7,500 and it was $99 with a coupon, which included the cabin filter and rotation ...

smkettner said:
mark13 said:
I went in for my 7500 mile check up..I sat and waited for 2 hours for the car..The guy comes out to me and says evrything looks fine and it will be $89.00 :shock: I bet they sat in the car and listened to the radio :(
On your ICE vehicle they charge $389 for the same service :roll:

Mark, I had the same experience taking my Leaf in for 6-month service at the dealer. They wanted to charge me $99 for "standard Leaf service." I told them just do the tire rotation and free inspection that's listed in the maintenance schedule and that's what we ended up agreeing on. That only cost $20. I suspect a lot of dealers are going to try to snow Leaf owners into unnecessary maintenance to make up the loss.

Particularly when there IS no requirement for 6 month service on a Leaf (or any other modern vehicle, really)...
malloryk said:
I suspect a lot of dealers are going to try to snow Leaf owners into unnecessary maintenance to make up the loss.

TomT said:
Particularly when there IS no requirement for 6 month service on a Leaf (or any other modern vehicle, really)...
malloryk said:
I suspect a lot of dealers are going to try to snow Leaf owners into unnecessary maintenance to make up the loss.

There is in the service schedule in the car. Two schedules: schedule one is tire rotation and inspection of a few items for severe driving, schedule 2 is just a tire rotation.

The salesman told me I had to bring it in every 6 months or 7500 miles..He did not say anything about a $89 fee..All it said on the paper work was it passed inspection..I guess that ment that the radio sounded well doing lunch :lol:

When I bought my Miata a few years ago I was never told to bring that in for inspection..I just thought it was because it was a E-Car..

Congrats to all of you who just paid $20 .. When I hit 15000 miles Ill reconsider all my options..

My dealer automatically scheduled a three-month service call for me. I ignored it, just as I had ignored everything the service guy said when they introduced me to him during the purchase ordeal. Since I expect to drive 7000-8000 miles per year, I plan to take the car in for routine service once a year. After the first two years I will probably look for someone other than a Nissan dealer.

Ray

Back