Low Hx 38.52%, but 61% SOH

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeafVoltz

Hi guys,
I have a 2012 Leaf and she has about 8 bars left. Gets a good 85 kms give or take. I have been using long life mode and find that the degradation has slowed down a lot since using it. My question is that Hx value took a huge sudden drop recently. It is around 37-42% and won't go any higher no matter what SOC it's at.

Should I be concerned or is this normal? See attached photo.
JoLCGWnDWweJVNYV6

The image isn't working but I would be a bit concerned about the sudden jump in Hx as I'd guess it's more normal for the Hx and SOH to gradually drop. I doubt it is dangerous but you may want to be conservative on longer trips in case the range also drops suddenly and unexpectedly.

Here is the link to the image. Hopefully it comes through!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uMKcq9Ytab7cEFke6

But yeah, it is a bizarrely low number suddenly. Is there anything none battery related I can check to see if there is something else?

Oddly, now that I have it in Long Life mode. It charges less, but the GOM seems much more accurate about predicted range than when we let her charge to 100%.

If the range and performance of the car stays the same for a week or so, I'd just forget about it. It could be an early sign of something gone wrong but it could also just be a firmware bug, a bad sensor, or something like that.

Hx is assumed to be proportional to battery resistance. If you could compare the battery temperature gain during charging now vs before that would be an independent data point to check against the Hx reading.

Here is the link to the image. Hopefully it comes through!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uMKcq9Ytab7cEFke6
But yeah, it is a bizarrely low number suddenly. Is there anything none battery related I can check to see if there is something else?

Oddly, now that I have it in Long Life mode. It charges less, but the GOM seems much more accurate about predicted range than when we let her charge to 100%.
Hi, how did this story end? Is the car still usable. I plan to buy one 30kwh leaf with same mileage and with significant soh hx difference (83 for soh, around 50 for hx). I have been advised by one member to be careful as it could be sign of poor state health of battery.

Any feedback welcome
Thanks

Back