Looking For Input On Lease Offer (Washington, D.C. Area)...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EngravEER

Martinsburg, WV (approx. 75 miles west of Washingt
OK Ron/Corina1231 and other Forum Financial Gurus... looking for feedback/input on where I stand with my current leading offer.

Important stuff...

Suburban Maryland Dealer (just outside the Washington, D.C. Beltway)
Leaf SV with LED/QC Package + Premium Package + Floor/Cargo Mats + $850.00 Destination
MSRP - $35,520.00 / Sale Price - $32,639.00 ($2,881.00 off MSRP)
NO VPP, Loyalty, AARP or other variety of discount ;)
24 months / 12,000 miles per year
$1,000 down / $1,895.13 due at signing (includes that $1,000.00 down payment, taxes, fees & all DMV stuff)
$225.13 per month w/ tax
Total Lease Cost = $7,468.12 ($1,895.13 up-front + $5,177.99 monthly payments + $395.00 Dispo Fee)
$0.31 per mile based on 12k miles yearly

Screenshot details below...

In the screenshot, the $8,500.00 down payment = $1,000.00 cash down + $7,500.00 Fed Credit. Also the screenshot shows $9,395.13 Due at Signing, which is actually $1,895.13 after the $7,500.00 Fed Credit is taken off that amount.

Any "fat" that should be trimmed there? Would love to get that Total Lease Cost down some more, but remember this ain't "The City By The Bay", but rather "The City By The Potomac" The going's a bit tougher in these parts :lol:

Look forward to hearing what you guys and gals think...

I'm in the same boat. I got two offers as follows:

Both 24 month/12000 miles year with zero down. No options other than the base S and SV models.

S: $250/month
SV: $289/month

+$395 dispo fee. I'm pretty sure I can get this fee wavied though.
I don't understand why people put *anything down* for a lease. Esp if you have no intent to purchase. Its like giving free money away. I'd knock off the 1k down - get your payment bumped. Delayed payment is always better :)

Don't accept a dispo fee unless you're sure you will purchase.

tiblot said:

Both 24 month/12000 miles year with zero down. No options other than the base S and SV models.

I don't understand why people put *anything down* for a lease. Esp if you have no intent to purchase. Its like giving free money away. I'd knock off the 1k down - get your payment bumped. Delayed payment is always better :)

all these sound like decent deals, however I'd be very surprised if you'd be successful at eliminating the termination fees. let us know how you make out with that

apvbguy said:
tiblot said:

all these sound like decent deals, however I'd be very surprised if you'd be successful at eliminating the termination fees. let us know how you make out with that

Me too, but I don't really care how they *eliminate* the fee. I'd ask for a lower monthly but I won't pay the $395 :)

Headed there tonight to see ... will report back!

pressx2select said:
tiblot said:
Yea, let us know how it works out! My wife and I are hoping to make a deal tomorrow
Thx for the site EngravEER http://theautoleasecalculator.com/ looks pretty helpful.
I've come to love theautoleasecalculator.com site. I originally tried to use the Excel spreadsheet that's included at the beginning of the 2013 Lease Info thread, but the figures it kicked-out never added-up, so I didn't trust it. Someone else had posted theautoleasecalculator.com link, so I checked it out. Calculated everything perfectly from the get-go.

Once the dealer quoted me figures, I went back into it, plugged-in all his numbers, saved it as a screenshot and e-mailed it to him saying, "here's what I have based on the numbers you gave me. If there are any additional fees or anything I missed or have incorrect, let me know. If not, please e-mail me back with your acceptance of this as our final sales figures."

Nice way to do the transaction via the internet and e-mail and allows you to look at different scenarios on the fly. Based on my experiences, I highly recommend it ;)

tiblot said:
apvbguy said:
tiblot said:

Me too, but I don't really care how they *eliminate* the fee. I'd ask for a lower monthly but I won't pay the $395 :)

I got them to knock the $395 off the cost of my deal, as I described here. It's definitely worth trying, even if they only meet you halfway.

Back