Locking out D and locking in ECO

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malfield

I'm giving my Leaf to my grand daughter who just got her driver's permit. She "high spirited" and has somewhat of a lead foot. Does anyone know a way to only allow the car to be driven only in the ECO mode. In other words lock out the D probably through a software modification. A lot of people will sleep better.

IMHO, Don't give her the car until you're confident she has cured her "lead foot". Make her earn the car by demonstrating proper driving habits.

I think this is not needed, as she will quickly learn that driving aggressively in the Leaf will result in a loss of autonomy. If you want her to learn this quickly only allow her to charge to 80 percent and only a limited amount of days per week depending on her driving needs. Sort of an "Electron Allowance". Necessity will teach her to drive carefully to get the max range.

-Phil

The Spike (tm)

Steering-Wheel.jpg

Sort of reminds me of when I was first licensed. Forty one Buick and the odometer didn't work. We lived in the sticks with out school buses. To make sure I didn't joy ride to and from school, I was not given the key to the locking gas cap.

She can be just as spirited in ECO as D - just have to push the pedal faster and farther.

Back