Less than 100 full California rebates remaining

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Countdown: 6 $5000 rebates left before switching to waiting list for $2500 rebates.
Waiting list will go into effect until the new 2011-2012 funds are available (est. Sept/Oct.)

ElectricVehicle said:
Estimated Remaining CVRP Funding
$ 9,929 = 4 LEAFs
I assume you meant 2, $5000 rebates (not 4 $2,500 rebates)
Wonder what they will do with the fractional amount.

It's all gone. The remaining funds are now -$71 dollars. I guess someone at the CVRP will be checking for change in a few couches for that missing $71. ;)

grommet said:
It's all gone. The remaining funds are now -$71 dollars. I guess someone at the CVRP will be checking for change in a few couches for that missing $71. ;)

I'm guessing, since the amount of remaining rebate has a -$71 component, that they paid the last guy $4,929 and he has to wait for funding for the remaining $71.

Boomer23 said:
grommet said:

I'm guessing, since the amount of remaining rebate has a -$71 component, that they paid the last guy $4,929 and he has to wait for funding for the remaining $71.

why are some folks occasionally moved around here to offer the odd speculation about stuff for which they have no facts.

thankyouOB said:
Boomer23 said:
grommet said:

why are some folks occasionally moved around here to offer the odd speculation about stuff for which they have no facts.

Hmmm, I dunno, maybe the same reason some folks are occasionally moved to dispute something someone else says, just to dispute it for no good reason.

Boomer23 said:
Hmmm, I dunno, maybe the same reason some folks are occasionally moved to dispute something someone else says, just to dispute it for no good reason.
No way! You're way off base here.
Frankly, I'm insulted the mods permit it.

GroundLoop said:
Boomer23 said:
No way! You're way off base here.
Frankly, I'm insulted the mods permit it.

Huh? Please explain further.

Danny said:
Well, my vehicle is ready but a day too late. :evil:
The good side is the worst that happens is you get $2500. Not $5000 but it beats a poke in the eye.

Make sure you apply though. You never know what might happen and you'll be at the head of the line for 2011-2012 funding.

I'm trying to find the right place to apply can't seem to find it. I went to energycenter.org where there is a lot of discussion about the money as well as the waiting list, but where do you actually apply?

Sometimes I get so frustrated with computers. I found the right location to apply, filled it all out, and tried to submit it. Then it gave me an error saying I needed to enable cookies on my computer. It's a new Mac, and I can't find anything on it. Oh well, maybe tomorrow from work.

Anyone have info on when the 2011-2012 funding will be known?

Even though it's "only" $2500 tax rebate, is it expected that the funding will again be limited and most likely a "first come first served" basis?

Appreciate any insight as it weighs into my decision to sing up for a '12 model.

EDIT: I think I found the answer to my questions:
Rebate Status for the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project
CVRP Currently Pending $ 7,500
CVRP Currently Reserved $ 4,779,900
CVRP Rebates Issued (FY 2011-2012) $ 0
CVRP Remaining Funds (FY 2011-2012) $ 9,727,637
CVRP Rebates Issued (FY 2009-2012) $ 10,292,750

So, 4.8 mega bucks reserved for next year?

Back