Leaving car with seat belt attached

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouldergramp

For some reason or other I left my driver side seat belt engaged (like they do at the car wash) while I loaded some stuff in the back end. I forgot to disengage it. The next morning my wife started to drive the car. She came back in the house and told me something was wrong with the car. She hates e pedal, which I use all the time. Apparently, e pedal was on. It is not on by default.
She turned the car off, disengaged the seat belt and started again...everything was fine...no e pedal.
I suppose this is mentioned somewhere in the 400+ page manual but I didn't bother to look.

I suppose that it's possible that the car uses the seat belt to determine whether or not you've left it. That's bizarre, of course. I assume that you did turn the car off...?

I am almost sure I turned the car off but since I forgot to disengage the seat belt I suppose I could have forgotten to turn it off.

I will try to repeat the scenario tomorrow.

I didn't wait until tomorrow.
I started the car, left the seat belt engaged, engaged e pedal and turned the car off. After a few minutes I started it and e pedal was off. So, I must have not turned the car off.
I put the battery charger on the 12V battery and it seems to be fully charged so everything is OK.

Back