Lease for Leaf SL - Bay Area CA - good price ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kds7

I was offered this quote and am a bit confused:
Leaf SL with Premium Package (bose etc.) MSRP = 36,910

36 month lease [ to take advantage of CA 2500 rebate]
12K miles / year

MSRP = 36,910
Vehicle Selling Price 33,864.00 [ VPP ]
Down/Cash Cap Reduction -0.00
Rebate Savings -7,500.00
Net Cap 26,364.00

Base Payment 309.51
Monthly Tax 27.08
36 Month Payment 336.59

Document Prep Fee 80.00
License / Title 309.00
Tire/Battery/VTR Fee 8.75
Other Fee 39.00
Acquisition Fee 595.00
Tax on Collected Items 663.25

1st Payment 336.59
Due On Delivery 2,031.59

The questions I have:
1. Though it is supposedly ZERO down the actual drive off cost (including the first month lease payment) is $2031.59
2. The Tax on Collected Items = $663.25 -- it seems it's the tax on $7500 rebate -- Is that usually the case.

Are there better options with a lower drive off ?

Assume top tier credit.

Thanks.

Welcome! If you proceed with this (or similar) lease deal, you will likely qualify for the CVRP program and receive a $2,500 check from the California Center for Sustainable Energy. This should take care of of the drive-off fees and taxes. I'm not the foremost expert on this, but saying that this was a zero down deal looks a bit unusual. Sales tax on the federal tax credit is customary, since it's treated as a downpayment here, except that it came from the IRS and not the buyer. You might want to get a few quotes on 24-month leases for comparison also. Those won't qualify for CVRP. There is a very informative thread on the forum already:
newownermnl
2013 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

For leased cars, California taxes both the monthly payment and the Capitalized Cost Reduction, aka the "down payment." As mentioned above, that includes any amounts paid by you or another party to reduce the payments, and that includes the $7500 credit.

Note that the CVRP is currently out of money for FY 2012/13, and because it's already June it's likely to remain unfunded until at least July 1 when the next fiscal year starts. You can still apply and be put on a waiting list but there's over $8 million worh of rebates "on hold" so it could be a while before you get yours.

Note that many people (particularly in the Bay Area) got superior TWO year lease deals even with the lack of CVRP rebates factored in. So unless you have to have a three year lease (for reasons other than qualifying for the CVRP), you may want to look into a two year one instead.

surfingslovak said:
Welcome! If you proceed with this (or similar) lease deal, you will likely qualify for the CVRP program and receive a $2,500 check from the California Center for Sustainable Energy. This should take care of of the drive-off fees and taxes. I'm not the foremost on this expert, but saying that this was a zero down deal looks a bit unusual. Sales tax on the federal tax credit is customary, since it's treated as a downpayment here, except that it came from the IRS and not the buyer. You might want to get a few quotes on 24-month leases for comparison also. Those won't qualify for CVRP. There is a very informative thread on the forum already:
newownermnl
2013 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

Thanks.
The best I could find there on SL was something from Ron [ not sure if it was for Premium pkg included ] for:
270 + tax + 1000 down + 395 dispo.
It would be a better deal if it was 1000 drive off vs. it being 1000 down + other taxes.
I have sent a PM to Ron on that thread to confirm.

RonDawg said:
For leased cars, California taxes both the monthly payment and the Capitalized Cost Reduction, aka the "down payment." As mentioned above, that includes any amounts paid by you or another party to reduce the payments, and that includes the $7500 credit.

Note that the CVRP is currently out of money for FY 2012/13, and because it's already June it's likely to remain unfunded until at least July 1 when the next fiscal year starts. You can still apply and be put on a waiting list but there's over $8 million worh of rebates "on hold" so it could be a while before you get yours.

Note that many people (particularly in the Bay Area) got superior TWO year lease deals even with the lack of CVRP rebates factored in. So unless you have to have a three year lease (for reasons other than qualifying for the CVRP), you may want to look into a two year one instead.

Thanks --
looking into 2 year lease as well - trying to find the best offer.
I had reached out to one dealer and received the following:

Base Payment $263
Monthly Tax $23
24 Month Payment $286

Document Prep Fee 80.00
License / Title 309.00
Tire/Battery/VTR Fee 8.75
Other Fee 39.00
Acquisition Fee 595.00
Tax on Collected Items 663.25
1st Payment 285.56
Due On Delivery 1,980.56

That makes it a total of: 6578 + 1981 = 8559 or 4280 per year.
Three Years @ 337/m = 11795 + 2031 - 2500( CA rebate) = 11326 or 3775 per year.

Certainly looking for better offer. Any direct url to such thread or details appreciated.

Back