Lease Exit Plan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I have no intention of purchasing the car at the end of the lease, I don't really care what the residual is, or should be. The only question I have to answer is, when my 24 months is up, will I be happy to keep paying $130/month after that point to keep using the Leaf instead of having to give it back and then go lease something else? Assuming I haven't lost enough capacity after 2 years to keep making my usual trips, and also assuming there is no obviously superior option available, then the answer will certainly be yes.

ObjetDart said:
Since I have no intention of purchasing the car at the end of the lease, I don't really care what the residual is, or should be. The only question I have to answer is, when my 24 months is up, will I be happy to keep paying $130/month after that point to keep using the Leaf instead of having to give it back and then go lease something else? Assuming I haven't lost enough capacity after 2 years to keep making my usual trips, and also assuming there is no obviously superior option available, then the answer will certainly be yes.

This is absolutely correct. I'm not sure why so many folks are over concerned on what the residual is (or should be) on these lease deals.

IF At the end of your lease, if your car is worth less then the residual. You can happily mail the keys back to Nissan Finance and find some other wheels. Or continue to drive it if they will extend at your current (low) lease rate.

IF At the end of your lease, the car is worth more than the residual value AND you want to keep driving it- You can buy it outright and drive it until the wheels come off. Alternately, you can sell it & try to make some $$ on the open market.

Either way, you are in control.

Back