Leafs Over Texas!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gkalexdc said:
Its hard to tell how many TX leafs there are, my Houston Dealer, Baker SOuth, said when they delivered mine, 5/31 that I was number 7 from their dealer. Maybe others on here can ask their delivering dealer how many, and someone could do an inventory.

Mine is ordered from Trophy Nissan in Dallas, with an August expected delivery. When I ordered, there were three ahead of me.

OK DFW EV lovers! :D
North Texas EEA is hosting the first Leaf reunion on Saturday June 11 at REI and Bankston Nissan in Dallas.
Details are at our website http://www.nteaa.org.
We are meeting with the folks at North Texas Renewable Energy Group (NTREG) (http://www.txses.org/NTREG).
The first part of the meeting will happen at REI and then move over to Bankston to see the Leaf as well as some conversion cars.
The folks from EVGO will be there to answer questions about their program. There may be a Mitsubishi i Miev. There has been one rumored to be in town.
We are not trying to one-up anyone in the area, this meeting has been in the works since April. We want to see how many Leafs we can get out for this big event.
There are 4 that belong to club members and we are hoping they all will be there. Bankston has told us their Leaf expert will be on hand to answer any questions.
All those who are interested come on out to see some actual cars and drivers. Those other new Leaf owners who are in the area, bring your car for us to see.
Any EVs or hybrid cars of any make are welcome. I am trying to figure out a way to get the Leaf and my VW conversion there for the day.
By the way you can see my VW at http://www.evalbum.com/2485. EV Album is a great site with EVs of all types from around the world. I going to add the Leaf in the coming days.
Hope to see everyone on the 11th!

gkalexdc said:
Its hard to tell how many TX leafs there are, my Houston Dealer, Baker SOuth, said when they delivered mine, 5/31 that I was number 7 from their dealer. Maybe others on here can ask their delivering dealer how many, and someone could do an inventory.
I sure hope the EV GO network is at work putting IN Freedom (QC) stations !!

Just wanted to say hey to all you Texas Leaf owners! This is a great site and thread. My name is Ashton and I'm a sales manager at Mossy Nissan, Houston. Currently, we have delivered 6/34. We have one more delivery scheduled for this week and then no more until August. You guys seem to know your stuff, but if I can be a resource to anyone, from the dealer's perspective, let me know.

I talked to Austin Energy yesterday who is rolling out their Plug in EVerywhere program. I was told they have 80 customers already- but I said I had a hard time believing there are 80 Volts and Leafs in Austin, combined. So perhaps that also includes other plug-in type vehicles? I don't know, I did not understand her response.

Anyway it's $25 for 6 months unlimited charging, as a pilot program. The representative of the program said that she envisions there being perhaps another year at this great price. She said it doesn't even cover the cost of electricity, just the start-up for the access cards, etc. People without access cards can use charge cards for $2 per hour of charging. They expect to have 100 of these stations around Austin by year end. Right now they are showing 18 on their map.

I'm not sure exactly what this means, but I was told after 3 years (required due to gov. grant) the program will no longer be a "pilot" but an actual "program" with Austin Energy. I'm not sure what the distinction is since the introductory price to access these things is not guaranteed to last 3 years.

Soon as I get my Leaf I plan to sign up, but it helps that I work at a building where I can park my car at an EVSE and won't need to charge at home during the week :) Here's hoping their final pricing scheme will be more cost effective than charging at home.

Received an email from Dana W at Town North Nissan today. (I have NO idea of asking price, as it was not mentioned in email. I really hope it is at or below MSRP.). If you DO purchase it, please mention my name as I could always use an extra 100 bucks ;) :

Dear Mike,

I wanted to let you know that we have an orphan Nissan Leaf SL Ocean Blue available for sale! If you know of anyone currently in the market for a Leaf, or run into anyone that is interested, please be sure to have them contact me right away!

If you refer a customer to me and they purchase, you receive $100 from Town North Nissan! Please be sure to tell them to ask for me and that they are being referred by yourself.

As always, please let me know if there are any questions & Happy driving!

Dana W

Dana F. Woodbury
LEAF Sales & Leasing

Town North Nissan
9160A Research Blvd.
Austin TX 78758

Main # 512-451-7411
Cell # 512-680-2375
[email protected]

DrillbabyDrill said:
I talked to Austin Energy yesterday who is rolling out their Plug in EVerywhere program. I was told they have 80 customers already- but I said I had a hard time believing there are 80 Volts and Leafs in Austin, combined. So perhaps that also includes other plug-in type vehicles? I don't know, I did not understand her response.

The "Plug in EVerywhere" program is for "hosts" (employers, retailers, apartments, and generous homeowners who don't mind you parked in your driveway :lol: ). They can actually get up to 10 stations *free*, if they assist with the install cost. (50% of the installation cost paid by city, with a max of $2500 per station)

The "Plug In Partners" program is for Leaf owners: http://www.austinenergy.com/About%20Us/Environmental%20Initiatives/Plug-In%20Partners/getReadyToDrive.htm which provides a 50% rebate up to $1500. I am just about to send in my paperwork this week as my installation was completed about a week ago.

I am going to guesstimate that there are *at least* 20 or more Leafs in the Austin area (3 or more Nissan dealers in area, and my dealer has delivered at least 10 or more cars), but I have *yet* to see one. My neighbor saw another blue leaf a couple of days ago and thought it was me. I have yet to see a Leaf in the wild besides my own.

Just a last minute reminder about tomorrow's Leaf Reunion at Bankston Nissan Dallas.
Details at our website www.nteaa.org
At least three Leafs, two conversions and an NMG confirmed, I hope you other guys are coming out. I know that 7 Leafs have been delivered at Bankston alone. I saw a silver one with Longhorn Nissan plates at Half Price books last week. You know who you are, you better be there!
EVGO will be there with their with info. We are setting up early if anyone wants to come out and help.
We will be next door (well sort of, just down the service road to the west) at REI at 10 AM for the first hour or so, but the cars will be on display at Bankston. After the meeting will walk back over and spend some quality time answering questions and kicking tires.
Look forward to the day!

Houstonites,

Just read on the Houston Chronicle web site today that the new Whole Foods opening up on Waugh Dr. and W. Dallas will have two charging stations. I think their grand opening is very soon, perhaps June 22. If so, I'll be there sometime on the following Saturday to check it out. Hope no ICE cars are parked in those spots.

dallasleaf said:
I saw a silver one with Longhorn Nissan plates at Half Price books last week. You know who you are, you better be there!

I was unable to make it to the Leaf Reunion at Bankston last week, but apparently there are at least two silver LEAFs with Longhorn plates, as I was not at half price books recently.

It has been awhile since I have been on here, but I finally took delivery of my LEAF on Friday last week from Streater-Smith Nissan in Conroe, TX. Process of picking it up was simple. Max Styles the internet sales guy that handles the LEAF is a great guy and easy to work with. I sent him my CarWings info ahead of time and they had everything ready for me when i got there after work.

I drove it all weekend with only level 1 charging and really didn't have any trouble. The eVgo/AV EVSE install was Monday. I had to have eVgo manually schedule it for me. The website scheduling didn't work for some reason. The actual install went great. Access Electric was able to run everything through the attic/walls, so no conduit runs across the garage.

I drove from the Woodlands to downtown for work all week and have had no issues. The car is really a blast to drive on the highway. And having Pandora streaming from the phone is a real bonus. I am using the Culomb charger at 340 Dallas in the Met garage. Everything has worked flawlessly there. I just ordered the keyfob from Culomb online and it was delivered in about a week.

I still have temp plates on my car, but I have a custom plate on the way. LonghornLeaf apparently got my first choice of plate, but I ordered WNDPWD. So be on the lookout for that plate on the custom wind power plate seen here.

http://myplates.com/LuxurySeries/PLPC155

It is good to join the group here. Let me know if anyone plans a get together in Houston.

Austin Leafs: I have had my Leaf for a few weeks now and have not yet seen another one in the wild. I tend to frequent Loop 360 between Bee Caves and 2222.

clarke said:
Austin Leafs: I have had my Leaf for a few weeks now and have not yet seen another one in the wild. I tend to frequent Loop 360 between Bee Caves and 2222.
We run mostly from Dale (near Lockhart) to south Austin. Sometimes go as far north as Parmer and 35, then down MoPac.

Recent range test gave us 10 miles more than zero "miles to go" to "turtle", then less than 1 mile in "turtle" to a dead stop. 107 miles, as I recall. Typically the "don't burden the driver with useful numbers" display tell us we can go 90-95 miles to zero.

Yesterday, I had to go to Bee Cave via Dripping Springs and had to take my Hyundai conversion because the Leaf couldn't make it, about 110 miles. Tomorrow, I take the Hyundai to Sun City, about 140 miles.

clarke said:
My commute is on 360: from Jester Blvd to 2222, South on 360 to Westlake Dr., and back. Sometimes I go South at lunch to the HEB just South of Bee Cave Rd.

My LEAF is black. What color is yours? Lemme guess... Blue? (I saw a blue one on Great Hills Trail the very day I picked up mine!)

Add one more blue SL for North Austin. Just picked it up today. Nice :)
Are there any chargers near 620 and Parmer (Freescale building)?

mouse said:
Add one more blue SL for North Austin. Just picked it up today. Nice :)
Happy July 4th! You're a real patriot!
mouse said:
Are there any chargers near 620 and Parmer (Freescale building)?
Chargepoint Network has two a bit North of there. Search for stations near "austin, tx 78753".

Ya know, every time I've stopped by my primary dealer (Town North), I saw one new LEAF being delivered, yet there is only exactly one handful of Austin LEAFs on this board. That's too bad.

Thanks, I saw those stations.

I haven't actually seen any Leaf's on the road (saw one charging at Zilker). I think most Leaf's we see are picked up and driven way out to locals outside of greater Austin.

With all the delivery activity we have seen it sounds like Carlos Ghosn will be making good on the 1500 June US deliveries.

I know the have delivered two more at my dealership in the past week.

Back