Leafers of Orange County, CA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xenalmorph said:
+1 in Aliso Viejo. Order completed at noon on August 31. Does having an August order get you into the first batch of SoCal Leafs???

Hey, I'm so bummed! I reserved on 4/21 around 10-11am. I got my EVSE assessment on July 1st (2nd that day by the Aeroenviroment and electrician guy). My preferred dealer is OC Nissan on I-5 and Lake Forrest or El Torro...yet I got an order date of November! What? November?!?!

Xena, what preferred dealer did you sign up for? The Nissan website online chat person said that the order depends only on when the reserve occurred...can one day caused 4 months back on that list?!? I'm thinking maybe the Dealer preference had some effects.

Oh well...I'll be "green" with envy seeing all these LEAFs in Orange County in December knowing I might have missed that first batch by "a day" :cry:

Yes, your R-Date/Time is now the critical factor.

We are barely up to "ordering" for the people who made theie Reservation before 3 pm CA time on 20 April.

I guess that to get September "ordering", you had to reserve before 3:15 (or 3:30, or so) on the 20th!

Maybe by 7 pm on the 20th to get October, and ... so on?

There were 2700 reservations in the first 3 hours alone, and 6635 total for the first 3 days. There are a BUNCH of people ahead of you. I'm not surprised in the slightest that a 4/21 reservation has ordering in November.

BTW, welcome occ!

occ said:
Oh well...I'll be "green" with envy seeing all these LEAFs in Orange County in December knowing I might have missed that first batch by "a day" :cry:

I hear ya occ, I thought that by registering on 4/20 that I would get August but I had no idea it was so granular on order time. It's great that we have a very strong community with knowledgeable people like garygid and mwalsh.

mwalsh said:
There were 2700 reservations in the first 3 hours alone, and 6635 total for the first 3 days. There are a BUNCH of people ahead of you. I'm not surprised in the slightest that a 4/21 reservation has ordering in November.

BTW, welcome occ!

Yeah, I noticed that on 4/20th I could not get my reservation in at all at around 5pm (I got my email at around 4:30pm or around there cuz I was checking my email every 10 mins throughout the whole day between working ;) Then I spent 3hr trying but could get thru...that's when I gave up and reserved the next day in the morning.

BTW glad I found this site, and this local Leafers of OC...looks like more leafers in OC than I expected...and thanks mwalsh. Glad to be on in this community and hope to contribute whenever I can.

I ordered from Connell, Gary.

Same deal as Fontana, but a local dealer where I can go pick up my car as soon as it's ready. Nice folks there, everyone has been happy with them. The GM, Mark Ranauro called me two days before my dashboard opened up and we finalized my deal. Then at 08:50 am on 9/3, after my dashboard opened up, I called him on his cell phone at home and we concluded the order.

Frankly, a few hundred bucks savings at another more distant dealer, and hassle with shipping or a driving "adventure" isn't worth it to me.

If any of this helps. I had been signed up with Nissan for more info since the day they committed to producing the Leaf (probably did not matter but who knows). I also set up a free Gmail account (push notifications on my iPhone) just for the Nissan Leaf. So my iPhone lets me know right away when something from Nissan shows up.

I Reserved on 04.10.10 (the first day) with the eMail I got at 2:27pm (and completed in 5 minutes) for a submitted time of 2:32pm.

I ordered on 08.31.10 (the first day) with the eMail I got at 11:37am (Fontana Offer accepted) Completed Order Confirmation was at 12:24pm.

I actually will not be in town for the Sept gathering but it sounds fun. Has anyone seen the EV Project charger plan for LA/Orange County yet? I have suggested about 50 charger locations in about a 10 mile radius of AV. The San Diego plan looks good and stations have already been completed.

Exciting Times!

Xenalmorph, apparently you have this down to a science :) About the only thing I've got ahead of you is the test drive in Anaheim, @ 9:30am. Otherwise we've ordered through the same dealer.

I had no idea they opened the registration up on 4/10. No wonder I had a September 3rd order date.

Xen...,
Sorry you cannot join us for breakfast at HTB in Santa Ana (17th) on Saturday 18 Sept.

I will probably drive to San Diego (to see the LEAF's "blue" color) on Sunday morning (12 Sept). PM if you want to ride along from Laguna Hills.

I "drive" on 10.8.10 in the 11:00 AM group, but I hope to order soon.

z0ner said:
Xenalmorph, apparently you have this down to a science :) About the only thing I've got ahead of you is the test drive in Anaheim, @ 9:30am. Otherwise we've ordered through the same dealer.

I had no idea they opened the registration up on 4/10. No wonder I had a September 3rd order date.

Z0ner, you meant 4/20 right? If you didn't register 4/20, how did you get Sept order date?!? I registered 4/21 and got November order date.

X says he ordered 4/10 but apparently that is a typo and it's really 4/20. I ordered 4/20, approximately 15 minutes after receiving my 2:27pm email. I received a September (9/3) order date.

Sorry everyone 4.20.10. The typo was in my iPhone notes that I was looking at.

Wow! 2:27 seems to be a common SoCal eMail time. I took 5 mins to submit. It seems like for every few minutes delayed, a whole day was lost in the que. Amazing!

Saturday morning Breakfast at Hometown Buffet on 17th street
in Santa Ana on 18 Sept, at least 8 are planning to arrive
about 8:30 AM. Bring any "Show-and-Tell" to share.

I ordered today (white SL + QC + Mats) but never did get the
"OK to order now" email !!!!

Quite jealous of all you folks who are ordering! I somehow missed the whole announcement and didn't preorder until the second wave - although I was pretty quick on that one. My order month is December.

Garygid - I think I remember your id from apteraforums.com? I also preordered an Aptera back in January of 2006 - amazing that the Nissan Leaf will be out before the Aptera... :)

Matt

Has anyone installed their level 2 charging system yet? I am waiting to find a better than the aerovironment rip-off that was offered. Does anyone have an electrician they have used in the area who has experience with level 2 charger home installation in OC?

Thanks.

Back