Leaf SV+ w/ Tech Pkg vs. Niro EV EX

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kieran973 said:
The Niro EV will not reach its full 75 kW fast charging speed in cold weather

It’s not Toyota reliability, but I wouldn’t plan on having to do much with the Leaf besides tire rotations, battery checks, and fluid changes.

Nice post, and spot on regarding CHAdeMO.

Regarding cold-gate, that happens with every EV today. Only Tesla has a mitigation that involves battery pre-warming.

And regarding reliability, the LEAFs good record over time was in the context of few miles on the odometer. We don't know how a Nissan LEAF will do over 150k - 200k miles. And I don't mean anecdotes, I mean a data set of at least a thousand high mileage cars exists.

Kieran

In the chademo/ccs change in the market, I think the major warning sign will be when a second large operator (Greenlots, etc..) starts to en mass install chargers without Chademo.

The numbers still suggest chademo support will continue and even expand support for a few more years (even each new EA station expands Chademo support modestly) before flatlining. I do agree that if the support of Chademo stations falls, it is also a warning sign. My perspective overall is that DC charging station maintenance is just bad overall, not really improving, and nothing to do with either Plug type.

DougWantsALeaf said:
In the chademo/ccs change in the market, I think the major warning sign will be when a second large operator (Greenlots, etc..) starts to en mass install chargers without Chademo.
Token compliance by EA and abandonment of CHAdeMO by Nissan are not warning signs in your book ? :shock:

I have this picture in my head of a person in free fall saying "when my neck snaps, that will be a major warning sign my head is in danger."

Back