Leaf Shopping 2015 24KwH good battery state of health in the south

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NyNewLeaf

So I'm Leaf shopping for our family's second vehicle.

So should I be concerned about LeafSpy showing a SoH on a 2015 with no fast charge with 79.87% state of health? I would expect Atlanta Georgia batteries to be below average but not as bad a someplace like Arizona or even Texas.

Any thoughts on alloy wheels vs steel?

What is a realistic expectation for SoH at this age in Atlanta? Thanks and I'll probably find the answer in another thread

I did find it after posting this and read it and it is helpful. Thanks. I'm certainly wary or buying a car for above blue book price with a well below average battery. I think mid 80's to 90 is a good score. That is really a year of life and quite a bit of range. With gas prices crazy it will probably be a challenge

NyNewLeaf said:
LeafSpy showing a SoH on a 2015 with no fast charge with 79.87% state of health?

It depends--How many miles? Price? How far is the daily commute or the daily range required?

Figure the battery is at least 6 or 7 years old at this point and already down to 80% (showing ? 9 bars on capacity?). If the price is right then getting even 3 more years of EV might be a good deal, and depending upon the commute it could go more years.

The important thing to look at with LS is the relative cell voltage after driving the pack down to about 2 bars--how well it is balanced min/max/avg cell voltage. If there is a weak cell then hopefully it would be revealed at those conditions. A bad cell would be a deal breaker for me, unless the price was low enough to offset the repair cost of replacing a cell module.

Good Luck let us know what you find out.

nlspace said:
NyNewLeaf said:
LeafSpy showing a SoH on a 2015 with no fast charge with 79.87% state of health?

It depends--How many miles? Price? How far is the daily commute or the daily range required?

Figure the battery is at least 6 or 7 years old at this point and already down to 80% (showing ? 9 bars on capacity?). If the price is right then getting even 3 more years of EV might be a good deal, and depending upon the commute it could go more years.
Yep. How much of that driving is city vs. highway? Will the OP be able to charge at home and/or work?

Back