Leaf Owners Beware

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dhanson865 said:
wow, just reread the first post after writing a quick reply.

Are you around 40,000 miles now?

Sounds like you get a free battery replacement soon. Just make sure you don't drive it past 59,000 miles before getting that battery.

dhanson865: Just lost my 4th capacity bar (38,212 miles), and have scheduled my appointment.

Pray that this goes well...

I still contend that the loss in battery capacity had nothing to do with the accident and, in fact, was always there... I suspect that the dealer (or someone else) did a BMS reset and temporarily restored the capacity to 12 bars. As time passed, the BMS relearned and eventually the indicated capacity drifted down to closer to what it actually was. This scenario has been documented before here and is analogous to odometer tampering...

TomT:

We will agree to disagree... The accident happened 10 days after my move to Central California, and I drove 68 miles each way on the 91 freeway in Southern California prior to making the move. I had no issues making the commute as long as I did not drive aggressively, and could not drive more than 45 miles on city streets after the accident; let alone 45 miles at freeway speeds.

OK, I thought the accident was right after you got the car... Maybe they stole your original battery when they were working on it! :lol:

CrumpledLeaf said:
We will agree to disagree... The accident happened 10 days after my move to Central California, and I drove 68 miles each way on the 91 freeway in Southern California prior to making the move. I had no issues making the commute as long as I did not drive aggressively, and could not drive more than 45 miles on city streets after the accident; let alone 45 miles at freeway speeds.

CrumpledLeaf said:
dhanson865 said:
wow, just reread the first post after writing a quick reply.

Are you around 40,000 miles now?

Sounds like you get a free battery replacement soon. Just make sure you don't drive it past 59,000 miles before getting that battery.

dhanson865: Just lost my 4th capacity bar (38,212 miles), and have scheduled my appointment.

Pray that this goes well...

congrats, sounds like you'll get a new battery and the 2015 style battery is going to be a huge improvement on the old pack you are getting rid of.

Back