Laguna Beach Coulomb install event - June 21 4:00pm

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
Showing: 8 LEAFs (1 black, 1 blue, 2 red, 4 white, I think), 4 very sleek-looking Teslas (all red-ish), 1 Mini (came about 100 miles one way), 1 nice white "golf cart", and one "advertising-decorated" plug-in hybrid ("more car than EV", brought by a Chevy dealer).

Two ChargePoint stations being dedicated, with 4-hour max use for "EV Charging", each station with both L1 and L2.

There were about 40 or 50 people attending, from the LB mayor-lady and city council all the way down to ... me! A very enthusiastic, friendly group.

Good work LEAF-owners, we made an excellent showing. :D :D

Nice job, folks. Sorry I couldn't make it. I was in Poway for the evening.

Did anyone get any pictures?

Not as good as SD, but we'll take it. Surprised there wasn't a single Volt, especially from the Chevy dealer. Probably would have been laughed off the lot :)

z0ner said:
Not as good as SD, but we'll take it. Surprised there wasn't a single Volt, especially from the Chevy dealer. Probably would have been laughed off the lot :)

There was a Volt, actually, z0ner. That's what garygid was describing as "one "advertising-decorated" plug-in hybrid ("more car than EV", brought by a Chevy dealer". That was an example of Gary's special brand of gentle humor.

Nice publicity from both papers and nice pictures on the Register site.

The usual knee-jerk right wing jerks are responding to the Register article, so I answered one of them (as areaman9).

Great sunny day in Laguna Beach Today. Used the chargers. Nice having 'reserved' parking. No other vehicle using the chargers.

Boy these stations are popular! It is an absolute feeding frenzy of EV's if you come at the wrong time. I think Laguna needs to add a few more stations. Does anyone know the City Council contact person/email for this? I looked on there public directory and couldn't tell who to write a "thank you... can we have 4 more please" email.

Just got home from a visit to Laguna Beach to see the art festival and pageant. We got there midday Thurs and got 3hrs charge. We were the only car in the spots. We returned that evening to find a pair of LEAFs charging at both stations...luckily I had enough charge to get back to the hotel, and the hotel was able to spare a 120v plug, so the parking wasn't a problem. Just dashed a thank you note off to the Mayor as suggested.

Back