LA surburb Nissan dealership closure - out of business

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjj240

Last month, Nissan of Thousand Oaks has been shutdown.
On Nov. 15, Keyes Nissan of Woodland Hills will be gone out of business :eek:
GM said Hyundai dealership will be opened at the same location in Woodland Hills.

Consequently, there will be two less charging spots in valley/ventura boundary on 101... disappointing news, indeed :roll:

I wounder who got the L2's and CHAdeMO units? I know WH Nissan didn't have DCQC but all those L2's would have been nice to go to the other area dealers.

It's interesting how many Nissan dealers are either closing or converting to other makes... It makes me wonder how lucrative being a Nissan Dealer is these days...

I long for the day that all car manufacturers can sell directly.. AND I would love to see car dealers become generic. Where you just go to a new car dealer and they have all makes and models available. Sort of how you can go into Fry's and buy a computer whether it be Apple, Sony, Toshiba, etc.

JasonA said:
I wonder who got the L2's and CHAdeMO units? I know WH Nissan didn't have DCQC but all those L2's would have been nice to go to the other area dealers.
I didn't think either the Woodland Hills or 1000 Oaks dealership had DC QC units, so no loss there.

Ages ago (2011/2012) I didn't think L3 was necessary or important for EV adoption, because I live in an urban core area rich with free public L2 charging. Then the first L3 chargers began to be installed nearby - 5 or 6 within 5 to 15 minutes driving. I got hooked on 20-minute charging; now I haven't used L2 or L1 in months it seems (a couple of exceptions, but rarely).

Will let you all know in due time how that impacts my battery longevity (I generally only charge to around 80% unless I plan to drive off the excess right away). Yes, it's a lease - do you think I'm crazy?

timhebb said:
JasonA said:
I wonder who got the L2's and CHAdeMO units? I know WH Nissan didn't have DCQC but all those L2's would have been nice to go to the other area dealers.
I didn't think either the Woodland Hills or 1000 Oaks dealership had DC QC units, so no loss there.

Ages ago (2011/2012) I didn't think L3 was necessary or important for EV adoption, because I live in an urban core area rich with free public L2 charging. Then the first L3 chargers began to be installed nearby - 5 or 6 within 5 to 15 minutes driving. I got hooked on 20-minute charging; now I haven't used L2 or L1 in months it seems (a couple of exceptions, but rarely).

Will let you all know in due time how that impacts my battery longevity (I generally only charge to around 80% unless I plan to drive off the excess right away). Yes, it's a lease - do you think I'm crazy?
Funny you say that... but i don't have CHAdeMO.. but I do have something else ;)

And I was at Glendale Nissan today to pick up some touchup paint... in just over an hr. (give or take).. I went from under 46% to almost full.. Their L2's have 248v there!! :shock: Nice!!

And I'm done.. and gone..

JasonA said:
And I was at Glendale Nissan today to pick up some touchup paint... in just over an hr. (give or take).. I went from under 46% to almost full.. Their L2's have 248v there!! :shock: Nice!!

And I'm done.. and gone..
Last week I too noticed that my battery seemed to charge exceptionally fast using Glendale Nissan's L2 EVSE. But isn't 240V the standard for L2 charging? So how could 248V - if that's accurate - make such a noticeable difference?

As I'm electrically challenged, I'd appreciate it if any of the many masters of electrical engineering on this forum could help explain or at least speculate as to what's going on here.

Thx in advance!

240 is the standard at home, yes, but often in an industrial or commercial setting it is 208 because of the way the power is derived...

timhebb said:
Last week I too noticed that my battery seemed to charge exceptionally fast using Glendale Nissan's L2 EVSE. But isn't 240V the standard for L2 charging? So how could 248V - if that's accurate - make such a noticeable difference?

Tom is correct, most "stealerships" run their L2 units off the 208Y setup but since I don't have CHAdeMO but my modified dual charger setup, I"ve become a connoisseur of L2 systems and their voltages at locations.

Being at Glendale recently I was surprised to see that (unit by its self on the side, not dual near DCQC).. most places are LOW 200's :( I've seen 196v at Oceanside down south... and that kills the charge time!!

I've been keeping a DB of all the places I goto and the voltages.. I'll release them soon (SoCal only :lol:) but places do fluctuate.. public places like Metrolink stations... 252v during the day..231v or so at night?? :?: This is common..

I keep track of the good places..for the big power project coming up ;)

JasonA, you might want to enter your voltage and MaxAmps
data into PlugShare?

I wonder if Valery's mini-QC will work on 196 volts AC?

Apparently your Bursa has no problem with that rather low voltage?

garygid said:
JasinA, you might want to enter your voltage and MaxAmps
data into PlugShare?

I wonder if Valery's mini-QC will work on 196 volts AC?

Apparently your Bursa has no problem with that rather low voltage?
The Brusa will compensate and work on any voltage from 95-277 i think..

Problem is with PlugShare is that if I pump in some info.. it'll get lost with the countless other posts with people saying "I charged!!!" :lol:

One site gets like 15+ a day posting.. :roll:

Post something and it's gone.. :cry:

Back