LA Convention Center charging?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was there this last week in lot W and saw no J1772s. But then, I was working and didn't look that hard...

mwalsh said:
Anyone have the latest on charging at the LA Convention Center? I've just sent he LACC an email asking, but to save waiting......

They are in the main West hall parking lot right under convention center. Enter LA Live Way. You go forward from the pay kiosk and they are on the right with good signage. You still have to pay the parking fee. Two clipper creek J1772.

You have to kind of know where they are because none of the parking people at any of the other lots know where they are.

Photos at:
http://carstations.com/668" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Umm...despite photo evidence to the contrary:

Thank you for visiting our facility during the upcoming LA Auto Show. Unfortunately, we have not upgraded our charging stations. You may contact our Exhibitor Services Division at 213-741-1151 ext 5470 in order to place your order for the 2,000 watt outlet. In our parking structure, there are outlets on the pillars. Once the outlet is ordered, the power can be added. If you select a parking space near a pillar with an existing outlet, then there will not be a charge for the labor.

:lol:

So the upshot appears to be a) they don't know that at least two of the units have been upgraded to J1772 (yet....I'm about to tell them) and b) you can get a 120v outlet (and a parking space near it) reserved for you at no cost by reaching out to the Exhibitor Services department.

I can confirm that I've been there and used the charging station successfully...

la_conventioncenter_cc_evse_110802.jpg

mwalsh said:
Anyone have the latest on charging at the LA Convention Center? I've just sent he LACC an email asking, but to save waiting......
If you had a way of transporting your LEAF to Philadelphia, you would find 8 brand new Coulumb Chargepoints (8 L2 + 8 L1) powered on, ready, and waiting in the parking garage at the Pennsylvania Convention Center, even though we won't likely be getting cars until late April 2012 or early May. The Pennsylvania Convention center is where I first saw a LEAF "in the flesh" at the Philadelphia International Auto Show last February...

So these are stand alone units (no RFID card required)? Just thinking ahead to the LA auto show.

TRONZ said:
So these are stand alone units (no RFID card required)? Just thinking ahead to the LA auto show.

Good luck, we were there in our ICE last auto show, and will pretty much guarantee that they will have ICE cars in the spots. Just don't count on them being available...

TRONZ said:

Yes, they are Clipper Creek units. No id required. I used them several days during the E3 trade show and they were never blocked. But my leaf and another did take them up during the show.

I was at the Convention Center today for my citizenship ceremony. Didn't have a problem getting a charger like I did during the auto show. I guess Nissan hasn't penetrated the immigrant/future citizen demographic in any significant way yet - mine was the only car charging there all afternoon. So far as I know anyway. :D

However, I did park in the street with my hazards on while I ran into the parking structure to see if a spot was open. Wasn't going to spend $15 to park only to find that I couldn't charge! ;) Plan B were the Blinks in the LA Live West lot.

Today, in light of the LAX ticketing a few weeks ago, I decided to use my combo lock on the J1772, with a note attached to it containing my name; cell phone number; and advising people to check my dash (protocol card) for more detailed information. On the protocol card I wrote that if someone else needed to charge they should call me and I would tell them what the combination was, but also that I would need to charge until the time indicated.

Back