Just got it 2 hours ago...2013 sl

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jopickens said:
FormerFF said:
Very cool. It's getting to be a rare day when I don't see at least one Leaf on the road. Today, I saw two.

Where are you from that you see so much LEAF activity?

Roswell, Georgia, North Metro Atlanta, and home of Regal Nissan, who claims to have been the #1 LEAF dealer in the US in February.

Roswell, Georgia, North Metro Atlanta, and home of Regal Nissan, who claims to have been the #1 LEAF dealer in the US in February.
I work in Roswell, make the trip from North of Dawsonville every day, I can't remember ever seeing a LEAF on 400 during my commute, but I have been seeing a few more on the back roads. Up where I live seeing one is rare. I do not commute with the LEAF, too long of a drive. Hey, I did lease my LEAF from Regal.

TomT said:
Same here. They are four in the parking garage here at work alone...

FormerFF said:
Very cool. It's getting to be a rare day when I don't see at least one Leaf on the road. Today, I saw two.

The streak continues. There was a blue one in the parking lot at work, and a red one going eastbound on Holcomb Bridge Road.

Still lovin it. Ga power came out today to install a meter that gives us a discounted rate if we charge from 11pm to 7am...we are also on a waiting list with ga power for a free level 2 charger....not sure if I can wait.

I've never come close to using my entire range. Had a few cold days, and noticed my range did drop a little. I'm driving 50-60 miles per day. This thing is peppy!

6yearstilbreakeven said:
Still lovin it. Ga power came out today to install a meter that gives us a discounted rate if we charge from 11pm to 7am...we are also on a waiting list with ga power for a free level 2 charger....not sure if I can wait.

I've never come close to using my entire range. Had a few cold days, and noticed my range did drop a little. I'm driving 50-60 miles per day. This thing is peppy!

If you don't mind me asking, what will be your new rate on their EV plan? I currently have Jackson EMC but GA power is available in my area.

BTW, congrats on the car. We just took delivery of our '13 slate SL w/premium package.

Hmm.......sounds like I need to make a switch. Will that be the same price when summer rolls around?? Thanks[/quote]

I'll have to check with the brains of the operation (my wife)...she's been handling the GA power applications.

nonleafeater said:
6yearstilbreakeven said:
I think it's .06cents/kilowatt in off peak (11pm to 7am).

Hmm.......sounds like I need to make a switch. Will that be the same price when summer rolls around?? Thanks

No way - you'll pay through your nose from 2-7 PM during the summer months.

6yearstilbreakeven said:

GA Power states on their page that a separate meter is not necessary for any of their plans, so I'm not sure why they're installing one for you... How do you get a free charger though?

The EV rate is great if you've got the solar panels working during the day. Otherwise, you may save literally a couple of bucks... or not.

[/quote]

GA Power states on their page that a separate meter is not necessary for any of their plans, so I'm not sure why they're installing one for you... How do you get a free charger though?

The EV rate is great if you've got the solar panels working during the day. Otherwise, you may save literally a couple of bucks... or not.[/quote]

GA powers sent a guy out to "do something" to our current meter - I assumed (insert assume joke here) they placed some other type of metering device within our meter.

So far, with only a few exceptions, I have been able to get a full charge from 11pm-7am. We ran it down to 15miles this weekend, and I just by passed the pre-programed charge timer.

the free charger is thru a special program http://www.ecotality.com/media/press-releases/ev-project-offers-free-blink-chargers-to-ev-drivers-and-commercial-host-sites-in-atlanta/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

in addition to the charger, they give a 400 installation credit. Last we heard, the chargers were gone, but they thought more would be coming soon.

6yearstilbreakeven, we have a black lab short hair that sheds continuously. The cloth interior is a magnet for her hair. We've tried a few different things to be able to keep the hair off the seats while at the same time have it be readily removable when we have passengers. We found that the best thing turned out to be an old bed sheet. It is light weight and tucks in well, and costs a lot less than some of the more exotic solutions. We slide the rear trunk cover slightly to the rear and tuck the sheet in and then slide the cover up snug against the sheet. The sides then tuck in around the edges of the seats.
Congratulations and have a wonderful time with your new LEAF.

6yearstilbreakeven said:
So far, with only a few exceptions, I have been able to get a full charge from 11pm-7am. We ran it down to 15miles this weekend, and I just by passed the pre-programed charge timer.

the free charger is thru a special program http://www.ecotality.com/media/press-releases/ev-project-offers-free-blink-chargers-to-ev-drivers-and-commercial-host-sites-in-atlanta/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

in addition to the charger, they give a 400 installation credit. Last we heard, the chargers were gone, but they thought more would be coming soon.

I understand now... You said you were on the GA Power waiting list but it's ecotality :) I had it installed last year and it works very well. I had no need for L2 charging for a year and would have still been charging at 120 V now if it hadn't been for the "free" charger. We put a lot of miles on the LEAF and I don't understand how it wouldn't be enough for most people. 15K miles/year is only 41 daily miles, well within what most people drive anyway.

Now that I have it, I love it; it's convenient and efficient but not essential. Once I get the panels installed (shooting for 10 kW for the price of last year's 4 kW), I'll definitely switch to GA Power's EV plan and try to "game" the system.

When I first learned to drive, I loved it so much, I would just drive and drive...not really anyplace to go. I drove with my best bud, listened to music, and just enjoyed being out and about. I quickly realized that "just driving" for the fun of it cost money...and over the years, driving has been something I try to do as little as possible of, to save money.

Today I drove the kids around after school...just for the fun of it. We listened to music, had no place to go - just enjoying being out, having fun....didn't think about the cost of driving once, and we loved it.

6yearstilbreakeven said:
When I first learned to drive, I loved it so much, I would just drive and drive...not really anyplace to go. I drove with my best bud, listened to music, and just enjoyed being out and about. I quickly realized that "just driving" for the fun of it cost money...and over the years, driving has been something I try to do as little as possible of, to save money.

Today I drove the kids around after school...just for the fun of it. We listened to music, had no place to go - just enjoying being out, having fun....didn't think about the cost of driving once, and we loved it.

+1

Back