Just got it 2 hours ago...2013 sl

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6yearstilbreakeven

Last week, my wife and I reviewed our gas bills over the past 3 years...turns out our 2004 Honda Odyssey averages about 15mpg in the city, and 90% of the miles are driving kids to school, soccer, swimming, etc, etc...we've spent $18000 in gas over the past 3 years!

I drove the Leaf yesterday, drove it to my wife's work, asked her to drive it, and we both knew we very badly wanted this car....not only for the gas, but it's ride. Truly an amazingly fun, quiet, and comfortable drive.

Anyway, We're very excited. Looking forward to learning more about our new car on this forum.

IMG_1324_zps26490df1.jpg

i hope this isn't too big...

Nice car, congratulations on your choice. From your driving history with the Honda, it sounds like you have a good fit there. Let us know how your new adventure goes.

From your pic, it looks like you have a serious canine infestation. There should be some advice on that issue here as well. Use the search function. :D

Sorry, I have one of "those" senses of humor. I'm already embarrassed.

Welcome, and best wishes on your new electric adventure.

Congratulations! The car we traded in was just about as bad with gasoline. It's been over a year and I still smile every time I go into the garage.

6yearstilbreakeven said:
Last week, my wife and I reviewed our gas bills over the past 3 years...turns out our 2004 Honda Odyssey averages about 15mpg in the city, and 90% of the miles are driving kids to school, soccer, swimming, etc, etc...we've spent $18000 in gas over the past 3 years!

I drove the Leaf yesterday, drove it to my wife's work, asked her to drive it, and we both knew we very badly wanted this car....not only for the gas, but it's ride. Truly an amazingly fun, quiet, and comfortable drive.

Anyway, We're very excited. Looking forward to learning more about our new car on this forum.
Congrats! What area you in? Can you update your location?

15 mpg (or even less) probably about right given the adjusted EPA rating at http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=20131" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. (From http://priuschat.com/threads/car-and-driver-the-truth-about-epa-city-highway-mpg-estimates.67235/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, the longest test cycles starting from a cold engine are 31.2 minutes long and fuel consumption is highest when the engine's not totally warmed up.)

Just got back from a 30minute drive with the kids...the car is Sooooooooooooo quiet! Both kids fell asleep. My wife turned her heated seat on high, we put the rear seat on low. The blower (even on it's lowest setting) warms the car very quickly. My wife doesn't really care or get excited about cars (diamonds are a different story), but she is excited about this one.

The outside temp while driving dropped from 39 to 38 - a warming on the dash lit up with a snow flake, and said, "outside temp 38" did it again when the temp dropped to 37. I toyed with the eco mode a little. Gonna take a few days to figure it all out.

I got one thumbs up earlier today from a guy on a bike...at first I was like, is that guy talking to me, and why? When it hit me, I gave him the thumbs up back.

This is only the second new car I've ever purchased in my 25 years of driving...so far, I am thrilled with it...I hope this feeling stays for the next 10+ years!

Special thanks to Team Nissan of Marietta, Zlantan and Dustin for helping with the purchase.

I'm located in Atlanta

Congratulations on your Leaf purchase, I want to purchase one in the great white north I am wondering what the kw drain is for the heat on the energy meter; have you had a look while you are driving yet?

Paul

Bigboler said:
Congratulations on your Leaf purchase, I want to purchase one in the great white north I am wondering what the kw drain is for the heat on the energy meter; have you had a look while you are driving yet?

Paul

I'm sure others have exact data but, for me, my one use of the heater in mild rain/cold condition resulted in a 15 mile range reduction. The heat was only used on half of that drive, so, I would guess about 30 miles. I drive an S, with no heater improvement (one of the dumbest things Nissan did to the 2013 S :evil: ). Bob

6yearstilbreakeven said:

Did you lease or buy?
Can I ask you what the dealer let you have it for ... PM if too personal.

Bigboler said:
Paul
Coming out of our third winter here in Seattle, we average about a 30% reduction in range during the winter months. That's a combination of colder battery + heater + lights + wet/slushy roads. Obviously, Your Mileage May Vary. That's also for a 2011 Leaf. I expect the 2013's to do better than that.

There's a pretty large contingent of Leaf owners in the PNW. Have a look at our thread: ICEless in Seattle

Congrats. You are smatter than the average guy. For what you you needed for distance you got a lot of bells and whistles in this car and saved money. Enjoy.

Very cool. It's getting to be a rare day when I don't see at least one Leaf on the road. Today, I saw two.

Back