June 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cinnabar said:
Yes. On May 5th I got the email with the subject line, Nissan LEAF: Expected delivery. Dealer called on May 6th saying the car arrived and we arranged for pick-up on Sunday, May 8th. The dealer didn't seem to have much advance warning that my car being delivered and hadn't contacted me prior to the 6th. My DB last date of expected delivery was week of May 9.

Thanks for the info. I guess it's now the '3-day' email :) Maybe they are getting more efficient!

SparkyEV said:
Cinnabar said:
Yes. On May 5th I got the email with the subject line, Nissan LEAF: Expected delivery. Dealer called on May 6th saying the car arrived and we arranged for pick-up on Sunday, May 8th. The dealer didn't seem to have much advance warning that my car being delivered and hadn't contacted me prior to the 6th. My DB last date of expected delivery was week of May 9.

Thanks for the info. I guess it's now the '3-day' email :) Maybe they are getting more efficient!

nah.... i got this email 9 days ago and now my delivery has been pushed back 1 day. if i actually take delivery when they say i will then it will be 13 days after the email was sent.

Picked up the car today! This is my first new car and I'm glad its a LEAF! Can't wait to see the rest of you on the road in your new LEAFs.

Cinnabar said:

I too received that 'delivery soon' email on May 5th. I'm STILL waiting for delivery. And I'm disappointed to say that I'm getting the feeling that even Nissan Corporate isn't reliable. I was told/promised that I would have my LEAF no later than Saturday as it was shipped out Wed. Now, I am lied to by Brendan Jones as he is now saying it wasn't shipped until today. This is just unbelievable and unacceptable! My wife, who is Japanese, is going to call Nissan in Japan about this mess and some heads are going to roll.

In early May, DB said 'Week of May 28'. On May 28, DB changed to 'Week of June 6' and got the 'Expected Delivery' email. The dealer told me his system said June 10. Got the call today (June 3) and it is in.

-Andy

astrorob said:
SparkyEV said:
Cinnabar said:

nah.... i got this email 9 days ago and now my delivery has been pushed back 1 day. if i actually take delivery when they say i will then it will be 13 days after the email was sent.

the car arrived at the dealer yesterday and was ready for delivery today, so i guess it was the '9-day' email.

I noted that quite a few people were scheduled for delivery in California around mid month, and in Oregon/Washington on June 24th. Mine has recently changed form June 24th to June 27th to June 29th to June 30th over just a very few days. Is anyone else seeing these frequent changes?

Mine has gone from month of May to week of April 22 to pending to month of July to week of June 6 to week of June 3 to week of June 17. Since it was "released for shipping" a month ago, I really don't believe the alleged car actually exists. I think they're just giving me all these close-in delivery dates to prevent me from coming to the above conclusion.

youngr3 said:
I noted that quite a few people were scheduled for delivery in California around mid month, and in Oregon/Washington on June 24th. Mine has recently changed form June 24th to June 27th to June 29th to June 30th over just a very few days. Is anyone else seeing these frequent changes?

I'm not in CA, but mine changed from 'week of June 17th' to 'week of June 9', although I'm supposed to have it no later than Wed. I was told it left the port by truck on Friday after I had been told by Brendan Jones it was shipped on Wed.

daniel said:
Mine has gone from month of May to week of April 22 to pending to month of July to week of June 6 to week of June 3 to week of June 17. Since it was "released for shipping" a month ago, I really don't believe the alleged car actually exists. I think they're just giving me all these close-in delivery dates to prevent me from coming to the above conclusion.

Unbelievable! :shock: You certainly deserve the "runaround of the year" award from Nissan.

derkraut said:
Unbelievable! :shock: You certainly deserve the "runaround of the year" award from Nissan.
Though I've been more vocal then most, my experience is exactly the same as all the other early order placers who are still waiting.

If I deserve an award, it's the I won't sit quietly by award.

Got a note from Nissan yesterday about ETD updated. Checked DB, ETD was not updated (Still in July), but allowed me to active the Carwings. I active Carwngs and got VIN, XX-5479. I called CS but got no new info.

Any input how long it will take for delivery after active Carwings?

Thanks and have a nice week.

stanley said:
Zhaohui, about 3 to 4 weeks

:lol: :lol: :lol: It MAY be 3-4 weeks now, but I received my VIN and CarWings on Mar. 29th. It has been OVER two months now and still no car and if I hadn't complained voraciously to corporate, it probably would STILL be sitting in port.

I wonder if Brian/Brendon are ignoring me or if my emails are going to a spam filter. It's been a bit over a week since I emailed Brian and a bit less than a week since Brendon and no response yet.

I did finally get a hold of someone at "Nissan Escalations" in Tennessee. (She kept calling me back at my voice mail only number even though I kept leaving her my direct line). She basically didn't know anything about my car except that it was still at the port and that once it met Nissan's standards it would leave the port for my dealer. She also tried to say the earthquake had caused delays but after I explained to her the simple logic that my car has been in CA for nearly 3 months, and cars ordered this year have already been delivered that clearly the earthquake was not THE reason it continues to be delayed. I think she is going to try and figure out what is going on with it.

LEAFfan said:
stanley said:
Zhaohui, about 3 to 4 weeks

:lol: :lol: :lol: It MAY be 3-4 weeks now, but I received my VIN and CarWings on Mar. 29th. It has been OVER two months now and still no car and if I hadn't complained voraciously to corporate, it probably would STILL be sitting in port.
Probably still is. :(

QueenBee said:
I wonder if Brian/Brendon are ignoring me or if my emails are going to a spam filter. It's been a bit over a week since I emailed Brian and a bit less than a week since Brendon and no response yet.
It might be that he is flooded with emails thanks to the Forum. I too sent him an email asking that he help get my car off the pier in Long Beach. :cool:

It's been less than 48 hours but I have not gotten a reply.

Back