June 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WaitingInSanDiego said:
opencar said:
seems like there are a bunch of San Diego people on this thread so thought I'd post that i finally got my charger in today - first event that has happened in a long time since my October order!
That has got to be good news, congrats
Sure, but it haunts you...shining there in the garage...mocking the fact that your car is still MIA.

Seriously. I had to unplug the thing until the car finally showed up!

davewill said:
WaitingInSanDiego said:
opencar said:
seems like there are a bunch of San Diego people on this thread so thought I'd post that i finally got my charger in today - first event that has happened in a long time since my October order!
That has got to be good news, congrats
Sure, but it haunts you...shining there in the garage...mocking the fact that your car is still MIA.

Seriously. I had to unplug the thing until the car finally showed up!

Ditto. Had my Blink Charger installed in April, Car's due "Month of June." I couldn't stand looking at the "Please Plug in your Vehicle" display. :x

[/quote]That has got to be good news, congrats[/quote]

Seriously. I had to unplug the thing until the car finally showed up![/quote]

Ditto. Had my Blink Charger installed in April, Car's due "Month of June." I couldn't stand looking at the "Please Plug in your Vehicle" display. :x[/quote]

ha, thanks for the good humor guys. eco people told me SDG&E takes about 2 wks to get the 2nd meter in. sound bout right?

opencar said:
eco people told me SDG&E takes about 2 wks to get the 2nd meter in. sound bout right?
In my case, it took two weeks for the installer, Sunwest, to schedule a visit by the city inspector and when they did, Sunwest's person couldn't make it (which is why they dragged their heels scheduling, so they (Sunwest) could have someone there), so they sent me the info and I presented it to the inspector. It was all straightforward and took just a few minutes.

SDG&E came...ah...either the next day, or the day after that.

My father-in-law got his VIN today, unlocked Carwings, and got a June (24th? 22nd? Somewhere like that) delivery date. He was a November order. So apparently those recently unloaded Leafs are hitting the system, and some of the forgotten 2010 folks are, ah, being remembered.

Now it's a race between me and him to see who gets his Leaf first: Mine that's been at the port for two months, or his! :)

SparkyEV said:
Hi, I'm new here. I reserved my LEAF SL (w/ quick charge port) on 9/11/2010, ordered on 2/27/2011, and expecting delivery "the week of June 8" according to the website. My status went from pending to May right after the earthquake (which surprised me), and changed to June 8 just a few days ago. Based on what others have experienced, is June 8 realistic? I've got my charger install scheduled for next week just in case :).

CARWINGS finally unlocked for me this morning, so it looks like it takes about a week from the time the VIN is updated (unless they were just having technical difficulties). My charger is getting installed on Monday.

opencar said:
ha, thanks for the good humor guys. eco people told me SDG&E takes about 2 wks to get the 2nd meter in. sound bout right?
Who's joking? ;)

Anyway, once I finally got the inspection done, SDG&E installed the new meter within a few days. Sunwest claimed to have made a mistake on my permit paperwork that delayed my inspection for a couple of weeks. But with lonndoggie's report, I wonder if they are just swamped.

Adrienne Lovejoy @ Ecotality suggested that SDG&E was a bit behind on things right now.

Still no VIN for me. :(

drees said:
opencar said:
Mine's scheduled to go in next Friday. :)
Me too. 7am!

From what i understood, they are now putting in the 2nd meter for SDG&E, "to streamline the process"

Maybe by mid-summer us North County folks have to meet up at Encinitas Classic Car Night (3rd Thursday of month).
I remember a couple of years ago there were a growing number of BMW EV Minis as the year progressed.

Shaun

drees said:
Adrienne Lovejoy @ Ecotality suggested that SDG&E was a bit behind on things right now.

Still no VIN for me. :(
Also still no VIN for me (early Nov 2010 order).

To add insult to injury, last night parked directly across the street from my house was a black Leaf (second one I have ever seen in the wild). I think it belongs to my punk rich-kid (he's actually 30ish, and still living off his parents) neighbor who every couple of weeks has another new 5, 6 or 7 series BMW in his driveway with dealer plates. Arrggghhhh! I don't even get to be the first one on my block! The car was just sitting there mocking me in its ever so silent way (I could almost smell its environmental-friendly smugness). In fact, the punk didn't even have it plugged in (I know because I checked at 1:00 am when I took the dog out, with some thought of unplugging it to feel a bit better). Maybe I'll go to the Chevy dealer again this weekend, they just called to tell me that there is a nice red Volt just sitting there waiting for an owner.

Woohoo, I have a June date. After bouncing around from May to July it looks like I've settled in on the week of June 24. (But, I suppose I shouldn't count my Leaf before it buds.)

opencar said:
hi guys,
today got call w/ vin 2350 & 26 May delivery week. i'm hoping the 2010 orders get cleaned up soon!
Was that Nissan CS that called you? They promised me a call early this week but haven't heard anything...

SeaAir said:
Woohoo, I have a June date. After bouncing around from May to July it looks like I've settled in on the week of June 24. (But, I suppose I shouldn't count my Leaf before it buds.)

Ahhggggg....this is torture! C'on Nissan, where's my white LEAF! I want to join the June club!

drees said:
opencar said:
hi guys,
today got call w/ vin 2350 & 26 May delivery week. i'm hoping the 2010 orders get cleaned up soon!
Was that Nissan CS that called you? They promised me a call early this week but haven't heard anything...

yeah drees, it was cs. i posted before that this same guy was calling me every week w/ absolutely no info (I guess i had bugged them so much prior). i told him a month ago not to bother unless he actually had new info. today he called out of the blue w/ the VIN and "week of" date. but when i asked him when my website would be updated, he told me that it already was & that's how he was notified. so i'm still skeptical that CS know any more than we do....

opencar said:
yeah drees, it was cs. i posted before that this same guy was calling me every week w/ absolutely no info (I guess i had bugged them so much prior). i told him a month ago not to bother unless he actually had new info. today he called out of the blue w/ the VIN and "week of" date. but when i asked him when my website would be updated, he told me that it already was & that's how he was notified. so i'm still skeptical that CS know any more than we do....
Interesting that you got a VIN 2350 - I would guess that it's an orphan that was matched up to you especially with the May delivery ETA. All other recent VINs seem to in the 3000-4000 range with delivery ETAs in June. Maybe just a straggler?

Today went from month of June to week of June 14. I thought it was never going to change! Now for the next wait. Anyway, got a VIN JN1AZ0CP2BT004249. No phone call or e-mail though. I ordered in December.

I also went from month of June to week of June 14 today. Hurrah!! My VIN ends in 4107. I reserved April 20 and ordered Oct 31.

Back