June 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Desertstraw said:
...I wonder what would be the consequences for my free charger if Nissan keeps delaying and I cancel the order in frustration.
I've wondered the same thing. Reading my eTec agreement, all I can see is that they will take back your Blink unit. It says nothing about the installation cost having to be refunded, which I find odd.

I rarely get angry about delays, etc.. but I am really just at a loss on how they have handled this.. I know many are in the same boat, but grrrrrr....

Here's my trail of woe... and I wouldn't mind the delay, but if I miss out on the rebate, it won't make financial sense for me...

Reserved: 4/20 3:08 PST (with AMEX issue)
Home Assessment end of June 10/quote July 10

Between charging quote and RAQ, my reservation # disappears from my dashboard... 4 weeks of back and forth with CS and they figure it out (the claimed I had cancelled my reservation, which never happened of course....)

RAQ and Order: 09/08/10

Had called in mid October to inquire about changing charger from purchase into lease. CS said they would escalate and get back to me.

Nissan, without contacting me, cancels my order and instructs dealer to RAQ again.

RAQ and Order #2 11/03/11

Delivery : April > Pending > May > June > July.

I am really sorry for what the Japanese have gone through, and am hugely sympathetic to their country's plight, agony and destruction.

It's only a car... but still..

It really ticks me off... they agreed in good faith, took money for a reservation spot, and have bungled the entire process..

This is, frankly, an un-accpetable way to treat reservation holders who have been continuously misled and kept in the dark...

Brian said:
Dashboard just updated. Went from June to July. :( History:

1) April
2) May (plus informed by CS that I had a specific week-of date and my car made it out before the earthquake)
3) Pending
4) June
5) Now July
On "Where's my Leaf," you are only 11 cars ahead of me (I ordered Nov 24). Of course there are many cars not on the spreadsheet. I also am now showing July. I was assuming that July meant that my car did NOT make it out before the earthquake, based upon the report from Kataphn. Her signature has a VIN and a production date of 3-7-11, just before the earthquake. She got the production date from her PD, and her order date is before yours. CS has told me my car did NOT make it out before the earthquake. Is CS still telling you your car made it out, even with a July status ? If so, yours might have been one of the very last produced.

Talked to CS this morning to see if there was any news since my Carwings opened. I talked with the same guy I have talked to over last month. I still show June delivery but he confirmed that having a VIN means the car is in the port and will likely be delivered before June......but he does not know when. So still waiting! Frustrating to see others who ordered after me getting their cars but trying to be patient and hoping our old Honda hangs in there.

Kataphn said:
I still show June delivery but he confirmed that having a VIN means the car is in the port and will likely be delivered before June......but he does not know when.
+1 here. Pretty much told the same line from CS.

Had a Nissan CS online web chat today....
Nissan Is aware that there have been some issues with vehicle allocation, and those issues have been identified so that they will not occur in the future.
Unfortunately you were on of those customers impacted. We are doing our best to get your LEAF to you as soon as possible.
They weren't immediately forthcoming with this. They first talked aobut production schedules, etc.. none of which add up to a 6+ month mess up in order sequencing. As I politley acknowldedged that eash of the excuses was not significant enough to have caused that delay aobut three times, they finally came forward and admitteed there were mistakes ("issues") in the order allocation / sequencing. You do have to give them a little credit for finally saying that. When GM forced us to return our EV1s and wouldn't extend the leases, they crushed perfectly good electric cars with no remorse. So compared to that, the Nissan experience is better. Yes, I had to wait forever for my EV1, with no updates in the interim until they told me it was ready.

(Yes, the tsunami and it's victims is tragic. Blaming any delays on the tsunami that were not actually casused by actually dishonors the victims by using the tragedy to cover for coperate mistakes. The tsunami delayed LEAF production by around 5-7 weeks total. The Oppama plant shut down vehicle production from 3/11 to 3/23 resuming vehicle production on 3/24 sporadically to April 11, roughly 50% capacity from April 11 to end of April and presumed full capacity from May 1 onward. It did not delay production by 6 months or have an effect on LEAFs that left Japan before the tsunami and were delivered out of order. I've donated to the Japan earthquake and tsunami relief efforts and Nissan has kindly matched my donation to the Red Cross. (Via the email Nissan sent out.))

So for sure, some January orders are getting delivered 6+ months ahead of other orders (based on order date to delivery date time interval) and it's definitely a mistake they made, that they say they have corrected for the future. They would not say approximately how many cars will be delivered out of order before they fixed the problem.

During the chat session, as a result of asking the specific questions - Is my LEAF manaufactured yet? Do I have A VIN? What's my delivery date? My LEAF status according to the Nissan CS webchat responses is:
My car is scheduled for production in May, I don't have a VIN yet and estimated delivery date of month of July.

Just checked my DB, and I've been moved from June to week of April 11th. Even though that was last week, I'm pretty stoked that it looks like something is coming down the line, and LEAFs are on the move. :D Haven't received a 7 day e-mail, or anything from my PD, so we'll see if April sticks.

Oh cinmar your post made me look at my DB...still stuck at Month of June. Now I will be checking it several times a day now.

Tried following the link in the first post about checking the "order" spreadsheet. But the link failed. Would love to see what is going on with all the orders.

mgoleta said:
N952JL said:
Tried following the link in the first post about checking the "order" spreadsheet. But the link failed. Would love to see what is going on with all the orders.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...kYjN4aXJ4NlNPV3c&hl=en&authkey=CJm01I8B#gid=0

My DB just changed to week of April 28th. PD said my car is now off port hold. I hope the rest of the Sept./Oct. orders on this thread see resolution very soon.

And now MY head is going 'splodey over this change today: "week of April 22, 2011".

I was just coming to terms with waiting until July. Well, until I get the VIN and my dealer calls saying the car is in their possession, a large grain of salt shall be taken.

(Sure enough, the day AFTER I finally update the spreadsheet. Who says the universe doesn't have a sense of humor?)

~Y~

Yohannon said:
mgoleta said:
N952JL said:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...kYjN4aXJ4NlNPV3c&hl=en&authkey=CJm01I8B#gid=0

My DB just changed to week of April 28th. PD said my car is now off port hold. I hope the rest of the Sept./Oct. orders on this thread see resolution very soon.

And now MY head is going 'splodey over this change today: "week of April 22, 2011".

I was just coming to terms with waiting until July. Well, until I get the VIN and my dealer calls saying the car is in their possession, a large grain of salt shall be taken.

(Sure enough, the day AFTER I finally update the spreadsheet. Who says the universe doesn't have a sense of humor?)

~Y~

PD just called to ask what time this afternoon I can pick up my car. I just stopped to think and can't get it started again.

mgoleta said:
Yohannon said:

~Y~

PD just called to ask what time this afternoon I can pick up my car. I just stopped to think and can't get it started again.

You win! I think such a call would have sent me into a seizure.

This lends some credence to reports of a DB bug incorrectly moving some people to June/July, perhaps as a result of a port hold to fix the AC issues, etc.

((crossing fingers))

~Y~

My DB changed this evening from Month of June delivery to week of April 15. I was hoping/wondering if this might happen. I bet lots of dashboards will be moving this week! Woo hoo :cool: Get those cars moving...

Vin 1265
Cayenne Red SL
Res. 4/20/10
Ord. 10/29/30
Del. from June to week of April 15

Back