June 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glenn, I am surprised that you did not receive your car on time for the rebate. Shame on Nissan for not delivering as promised. Nissan should look at you situation and those similarly situated and see how they can make it right.

I was contacted two months before the car was in the dealers possession. The dealer wanted me to buy the car then. They had the contract all set up and a payment plan waiting for my signature. So technically I would have owned the car then, with Vin# and everything. Why couldn't someone do the same and submit CA rebate paper work after you were under "contract".
What more would CA want as proof? Battery DNA. :lol:

downeykp said:
I was contacted two months before the car was in the dealers possession. The dealer wanted me to buy the car then. They had the contract all set up and a payment plan waiting for my signature. So technically I would have owned the car then, with Vin# and everything. Why couldn't someone do the same and submit CA rebate paper work after you were under "contract".
What more would CA want as proof? Battery DNA. :lol:
We took money from investments, complete with early withdrawal penalties, and now have checks sitting on the desk made out to Boardwalk Nissan, as we fully expected to take delivery this past Monday or Tuesday based on what Brendan Jones told me. Boardwalk reiterated that they would call us the second the truck hit their lot, but that that was the earliest we could do business with them.

The lack of any consistent protocol on Nissan's part is longer a surprise, and in fact is almost a given.

Congratulations to all those for whom the random delivery order worked out well.

Glenn said:
Arnold, if you're saying you bought your LEAF before it arrived at your dealer, my frustration (dare I say anger?) level with Nissan's whole delivery process just went through the roof!! I, and many others, were told by our Preferred Dealer that we could do no paperwork with them until the car was actually in their possession. To hear someone say they did otherwise, as we watched the sand run out of the CVRP hourglass, is nothing short of twisting the knife.

From whom did you buy the car?

Glenn

I would be angry too! A question is when does possession (title) pass? Often goods that are shipped actually become the responsibility/property of the buyer/receiver as soon they leave the loading dock of the seller/shipper (if you ever look at a bill of lading it will say something like FOB source or FOB destination). I suspect Sunnyvale Nissan couldn't sell me anything until the vehicle was legally theirs (and that didn't happen till yesterday morning). It was then another few hours before they were ready. I asked weeks ago if I could buy it then and I could not. Normally this wouldn't make sense, why start making payments on something you can't use. I also suspect most dealers don't have the processes to deal with this situation as people normally wouldn't ask for it.

It's also possible that the dealer actually received our car but was not yet able to physically process it so they're spinning me a yarn to buy them time. At this point I don't really care as long as I get my car in the next days.

arnold

Glenn said:
Congratulations to all those for whom the random delivery order worked out well.
Let's keep in mind that NO ONE here did anything wrong, so any and all criticism has to be directed elsewhere.

To put some numbers on it, looking at our spreadsheet, as of right now it shows 257 deliveries to CA owners.
if ALL CA cars are listed by order date, the 257th person ordered on 11/29/2010.

If it's based on the reservation date, I count 233 CA deliveries where we have an actual res'n date.
if ALL CA cars are listed by reservation date, the 233th actually shows as 4/23

This isn't perfect as not everyone recently has reported their purchase, so probably the the bubble should be 11/30 and 4/24
For those who ordered before then, and didn't get their car before the CVRP was depleted early this morning, then you were indeed unlucky.

gbshaun said:
Glenn said:
Let's keep in mind that NO ONE here did anything wrong, so any and all criticism has to be directed elsewhere.
gb, if you think I'm directing my frustration at anyone, whether a MNLer or not, who received their LEAF because of mistakes made by Nissan or its representatives, you're very much mistaken.

Glenn

Glenn said:
gbshaun said:
Glenn said:
gb, if you think I'm directing my frustration at anyone, whether a MNLer or not, who received their LEAF because of mistakes made by Nissan or its representatives, you're very much mistaken.

Glenn
No i didn't. It was just a general statement as we are on a topic that's proven to be rather sensitive, particularly with the terminology used.
SW

i'm in the same camp ad Glenn. sad to think that the dealers are making the matter worse. I asked my PD to purchase before the car arrives as well and was denied. Nissan already refused to correct the delivery order and now dealers changing the purchasing process. Being a 2010 order and still not having a car delivered and not being able to apply for the full 5K CA rebate has definitely skewed my image of Nissan for the worse. Now might as wait to actually purchase in July, if the car actually shows up at the dealer.

Hopefully Nissan will step up and offer the lost Sept-Dec 2010 orderers that missed the full 5K rebate with some incentives, if anything to at least keep customer satisfaction/loyalty. Nissan are you listening?

arnold[/quote]
Arnold, if you're saying you bought your LEAF before it arrived at your dealer, my frustration (dare I say anger?) level with Nissan's whole delivery process just went through the roof!! I, and many others, were told by our Preferred Dealer that we could do no paperwork with them until the car was actually in their possession. To hear someone say they did otherwise, as we watched the sand run out of the CVRP hourglass, is nothing short of twisting the knife.

From whom did you buy the car?

Glenn[/quote]

gbshaun said:
To put some numbers on it, looking at our spreadsheet, as of right now it shows 257 deliveries to CA owners.
if ALL CA cars are listed by order date, the 257th person ordered on 11/29/2010.

If it's based on the reservation date, I count 233 CA deliveries where we have an actual res'n date.
if ALL CA cars are listed by reservation date, the 233th actually shows as 4/23

This isn't perfect as not everyone recently has reported their purchase, so probably the the bubble should be 11/30 and 4/24
For those who ordered before then, and didn't get their car before the CVRP was depleted early this morning, then you were indeed unlucky.

I wouldn't have minded if there were a few out of order deliveries. I can even accept the delay due to the Japan tragedy. But let's agree, Nissan screwed up big time here and they have to take the blame. But unfortunately, it is not going to help me. I will be another unhappy Nissan customer and won't be recommending Nissan to anyone.

leaf561 said:
I wouldn't have minded if there were a few out of order deliveries. I can even accept the delay due to the Japan tragedy. But let's agree, Nissan screwed up big time here and they have to take the blame. But unfortunately, it is not going to help me. I will be another unhappy Nissan customer and won't be recommending Nissan to anyone.

When you contacted Brendan what did he say about your car?

QueenBee said:
leaf561 said:

When you contacted Brendan what did he say about your car?

He is missing in action. No responses from him for my emails. I might drop at the dealership sometime this week.

leaf561 said:
He is missing in action. No responses from him for my emails. I might drop at the dealership sometime this week.
Brendan Dolan was out of commission and out of the office from Friday through Thursday. Brendan Jones was on the road last week and, apparently, out of cell phone reach as well...

From our perspective, it was too bad it had to be last week for both of them.

Glenn

Signature tells the time line.

Delivered Friday. Fontana Nissan took great care of me.

So far loving it. Sorry for those still waiting. For me, it seems to be well north it.

FilmMixer said:
Signature tells the time line.

Delivered Friday. Fontana Nissan took great care of me.

So far loving it. Sorry for those still waiting. For me, it seems to be well north it.
I believe we have a new winner,... 288 days Order-to-Delivery!!
Congrats.

gbshaun said:

I haven't figured out how to add myself to the spreadsheet (the link I initially found didn't work).
I reserved on 4/21 (why my e-mail didn't show up on 4/20, I don't know)
I ordered on 12/1 (got told I could order 11/30 but had to confirm things overnight). Why did I get to order so much later than others who reserved later? No idea.
I installed my EVSE (Aerovironment) on 12/20.
Still no vehicle; dashboard says June 23.
If that's true, I'll "only" have waited 205 days since order, which is within the "4-7 months" that they finally settled on (after initially making me believe I could order in August and take delivery in December...)

My Leaf was delivered today! So far loving it. Bluetooth car speaker phone is amazing and I have to admit the navigation that turns off while you are driving is totally a feature that will save me (and others) from my self.

jwatte said:
gbshaun said:

I haven't figured out how to add myself to the spreadsheet (the link I initially found didn't work).

try the 2nd link below...

turbo2ltr said:
Master Order Spreadsheet:
View everyone's order and delivery detail (public can view only):
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AptkktKEhdz9dGhheXpqT09naFdkYjN4aXJ4NlNPV3c&hl=en&authkey=CJm01I8B#gid=0

Thanks to csriram45!

If you would like to be added to the spreadsheet or edit your data:
There is a form you can fill out to REQUEST a change in your data or a new entry. Please understand it is not a way to update the public spreadsheet in realtime. It takes about a day for your information to be moved to the public spreadsheet.

Please do not PM/email me with updates, use the form below.
If you are using the form to update your entry: PLEASE only enter data that is DIFFERENT than the data currently in the spreadsheet

Follow the directions here to add or update your entry (thanks again to csriram45):
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dHkzQmlFS1g5UGU1c044WGxTM05naUE6MQ#gid=0

I just drove by Stadium Nissan and there were six Leafs (3 red, 2 silver, 1 black) looking like they were just unloaded - and one of them was MINE! :D

Picking up today after work. Very excited. 14 months to the day from my initial reservation date, and just a couple days shy of 7 months from my RAQ date on 11/25/10.

It's been a long haul. :) Look for me around South King County, typically in or around Covington/Kent/Auburn, in my black Leaf..

Back