June 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Desertstraw said:
gbshaun said:
You couldn't be more right. I went from April to May to June 17 to June 23, where it has been for weeks with no other information. I just got a call that it arrived at the dealer's today and that I can pick it up tomorrow.

Similar story here.
I got a call my leaf is at the dealership (vin 4780) today.
Earliest to pick it up is Saturday though :cry:

Looking more and more like I might actually get a new car this month. I dropped by the dealer today and they have me on their radar. Looks like my car is one of several currently in Portland waiting to be driven up to the Seattle area. Negotiated the trade in value of the car, so barring an accident or something, that's taken care of. Blink came by yesterday and installed the charger.

Regarding waiting, I think we're mostly all within a day or two of each other from when we began... waiting. It's been a long haul for everyone, but we're all in the home stretch. A lot has been made of the order date, and while I understand the rationale, the difference between a September RAQ and a November RAQ is about 2 days back in April. No matter how one cuts it, it's been a very long wait for everyone. :)

Congrats to all of you who have received your cars! And for the rest of us, I just hope we're all within a tank or two of gasoline away! :D

704hov1095 said:
I should add, as someone who reserved early April and ordered early September, that hardly anyone has waited longer than I have. I suspect I was one of the 100+ who got passed over in the Nissan orders shuffle. If I get my car without pollen damage or whatever that legend is all about, my rebate, and my hov stickers without much delay, I am OK--not happy, not pleased, but OK. I'll repost tomorrow after the hoped-for delivery.
Wow! Good for you 704hov1095. I noticed from the spreadsheet you ordered 9/9/11.
You'll be at Day #280 with a pick-up on 6/16/11. You got me beat by 11 days.
And, I thought I was the Patient one at 269 days (9/10/10 to 6/6/11).

While at the Dealer, go online and lock in your slot for the CA Rebate! :p

Picked up my red Leaf at Boardwalk today. Add +1 to the S.F. Count. Ecstatic. Reserved 4-20-10, ordered 11-30-10, VIN (4335) received and Carwings activated 5-20-11. Now: less lurking on on this board, more joyriding up and down the local hills. As a realtor in S.F., this is the perfect car for me. I drive an average of 25 miles per day, with lots of stop-and-go.

My dashboard today went from delivery week of June 16 to ewwk of June 24. Needless to say I was very disapointed and contacted CS wanting answers. Of course no one had any. I was feeling that I would not even get close to getting a California rebate by then and was bumed. Two hours later I got a call from Chris at Mossy Nissan Escondido saying mt red LEAF was just off loaded and I can pick it up tomorrow at 10:30AM. Great news for me but I can't help wondering what is going on with the delivery comunication process? :?:

EV2E, don't worry my estimated date changed twice after I got the car.
Don't lose a single minute submitting the rebate after you close the deal.

And congrats on making it through the process. ;)

It would appear that those of us just getting cars this week are doomed re: full CA rebate. From the Clean website, It appears they are processing about $100K per day, meaning about 7 days until the monies are depleted. I have to figure more than 7 days' of applications are in the pipeline already. It means a loss of $2500 (assuming the 2012 rebate of $2500 is realized) as well as a 6+ month wait for our diminished rebates.

If this situation impacts me, I may take up some other forum posters' suggestion to confront Nissan with the clear fact that a chunk of us who ordered in late August or September were passed over based on their processing errors, and that some form compensation is justified--either cash, service vouchers, extended warranty, etc. etc. This situation is potentially quite toxic, and is likely to permanently damage my view of Nissan and my appreciation of the car.

JPVLeaf said:

I don't see how one can do this, since you need the email acceptance from the Rebate Project to proceed. I already submitted my online application as soon as I heard the car arrived, but, again, without acceptance of the application and without their receipt of the hard copy materials, I can't see how I can "lock in" a slot for the rebate. I'll Fedex overnite the materials but still think I am doomed to lose $2500.

Otto

704hov1095 said:
JPVLeaf said:
I don't see how one can do this, since you need the email acceptance from the Rebate Project to proceed. I already submitted my online application as soon as I heard the car arrived, but, again, without acceptance of the application and without their receipt of the hard copy materials, I can't see how I can "lock in" a slot for the rebate. I'll Fedex overnite the materials but still think I am doomed to lose $2500.
You've made a mistake - you can't submit your online CA application until the day that you will be getting the car. If the purchase date and online reservation date don't match - you'll have to resubmit.

From the website:
Applicants can only apply for the rebate ON or after the day of ownership.
When you reserve online - that reserves your place in line for the funds. Then you have 14 days to submit your supporting documentation - once they get those docs and confirm them - they put you in the queue to get your check mailed out.

drees said:
704hov1095 said:
JPVLeaf said:
You've made a mistake - you can't submit your online CA application until the day that you will be getting the car. If the purchase date and online reservation date don't match - you'll have to resubmit.

From the website:
When you reserve online - that reserves your place in line for the funds. Then you have 14 days to submit your supporting documentation - once they get those docs and confirm them - they put you in the queue to get your check mailed out.
+1. Exactly what drees said. Thank you, drees.
When I said, "lock in your slot", I was referring to the "Apply Now" button through the URL that drees pointed out above. Unless you already made arrangements to sign ownership documents contract prior to delivery, what drees mentioned above may be the case, unless by the grace of the CVRP folks ....

Predate? :|

Taxidan said:
Picked up my red Leaf at Boardwalk today. Add +1 to the S.F. Count. Ecstatic. Reserved 4-20-10, ordered 11-30-10, VIN (4335) received and Carwings activated 5-20-11. Now: less lurking on on this board, more joyriding up and down the local hills. As a realtor in S.F., this is the perfect car for me. I drive an average of 25 miles per day, with lots of stop-and-go.

Wow, a lot of people sound just like me. Those are almost exactly my numbers. My dashboard still says June 23, though, and Brendan/Boardwalk hasn't called me yet :-(

drees said:

From the website:

Thanks for the tip. I'll resubmit as I get up tomorrow or at the dealer a few hours later, although CRVP probably won't review my first submission until tomorrow since it was submitted at 7P today. This almost as bad as my original order circumstance: I submitted my order in September (2010? or was it 1999?), then in less than one hour reconsidered my configuration, wanting to add the Quick Charge. I called Nissan and they said the order could not be changed unless I wanted to cancel my reservation from 5 months prior and go to the end of the line with a new reservation. All that in spite of the car not even being built for months down the road. I went through the Nissan management ranks with only a token bit of help from my dealer over about 2 weeks' time and had that nonsense straightened out. Folks, this is amounting to a 4-yr lease to stay in the hov lanes, and then hopefully never order another prima dona vehicle again.

Otto

Estimated delivery date just changed from Week of June 24th to Week of June 20th. :D
Like me PD said a month ago: "Soon"!!! :lol:

Edit: About an hour later I got the email about the $99 refund.

Mine changed from week of June 16 to June 20...AARRGG... also received email that the leaf will be here soon. Probably not soon enough to get the full rebate..... :evil:

could you explain the problem you had with boardwalk? please Pm if you dont want to post.

tia

surfingslovak said:
My Leaf was delivered to Premier Nissan on June 6. I reserved on June 26, 2010 and accepted the dealer quote on February 23. I'm guessing that the vehicle was manufactured in early May; that's when I received an email notification and the delivery date changed from a month to a specific week.

Overall, I'm fairly happy with the experience, although the quality of Nissan's dealer network could be better. I also found the quote process not transparent enough and was only getting quotes at or close to MSRP.

I did not realize until much later from members on this forum that better prices have been successfully negotiated and could easily have been obtained. I'm particularly disappointed with the experience I had at Boardwalk Nissan, Dirito Brothers and Stevens Creek. I would have expected them to be much better. I settled on Premier Nissan out of desperation, since the clock was ticking for the CA EV rebate. I did not expect much from them and they have mildly surpassed my low expectations. I wish I had heard of Northbay Nissan before, my experience with them so far has been excellent.

Same here - hopefully brendan calls today/tomorrow. otherwise we will miss the CA 5K rebate.

Wow, a lot of people sound just like me. Those are almost exactly my numbers. My dashboard still says June 23, though, and Brendan/Boardwalk hasn't called me yet :-([/quote]

Contacted Brendan@ Boardwalk 3 days ago (email/voicemail) and got to callback so far. Seems like they less responsive after order placed. Is it because customer can’t change dealership w/o canceling order?

704hov1095 said:
It would appear that those of us just getting cars this week are doomed re: full CA rebate. From the Clean website, It appears they are processing about $100K per day, meaning about 7 days until the monies are depleted. I have to figure more than 7 days' of applications are in the pipeline already. It means a loss of $2500 (assuming the 2012 rebate of $2500 is realized) as well as a 6+ month wait for our diminished rebates.
I've been tracking it pretty closely. Sorry i don't know how to upload my spreadsheet. Anyhow the situation right now is that there are 114 full rebates available. The number of claims per day has picked up over the past 2 weeks from 20-25-30, but in the past few days it's jumped to around 50.
My prediction is that someone on 18th, possibly 19th, will reserve the last full $5k, and the next person will get a check for the remaining $4929.
Most deliveries that day will not be to MNL'ers or folks who are aware of the process, and it might be worth filling out the online form first thing that morning if you think there's even a chance it'll arrive that day.

704hov1095 said:
If this situation impacts me, I may take up some other forum posters' suggestion to confront Nissan with the clear fact that a chunk of us who ordered in late August or September were passed over based on their processing errors, and that some form compensation is justified--either cash, service vouchers, extended warranty, etc. etc.
Yes this subject was discussed elsewhere, with strong and differing viewpoints expressed. I think you've got a good shot of getting at least free oil changes for life ;)

704hov1095 said:
This situation is potentially quite toxic, and is likely to permanently damage my view of Nissan and my appreciation of the car.
Agreed. My view of Nissan USA as a company has gone from neutral to poor, but making amends would have a difference on how likely I am to recommend a NISSAN to others.

gbshaun said:
...My prediction is that someone on 18th, possibly 19th, will reserve the last full $5k, and the next person will get a check for the remaining $4929.
Most deliveries that day will not be to MNL'ers or folks who are aware of the process, and it might be worth filling out the online form first thing that morning if you think there's even a chance it'll arrive that day.
I'd do that even if you think they're gone. It wouldn't surprise me to have the first few people on the wait list end up getting the full rebate because some get rejected later for applying too soon.

Looks like Nissan won't have me breathing fire down their necks. I was the one who filed his online rebate app with CVRP last evening BEFORE taking delivery. This am I received an email from CVRP stating they had accepted my application and my full rebate was being reserved. They saw the 6/15 app date but 6/16 delivery and simply changed the date to 6/16 on my behalf. The rep (Kyle) fully reassured me that my rebate was $5K and reserved as long as I turned in the supporting materials in 14 days.

At 10A today, 291 days after I ordered, I took delivery of my Leaf. Very clean (Silver) and with the 3 options I had added (floor/cargo mats, mudflaps (really add to the appearance), and Quick Charge). Dealer rep (Weseloh, San Juan Cap) spent more than 2+ hrs with me going over the car, Carwings, synching my phone, garage opener, etc.. They washed it twice because it was drizzling this am by the beach. Now in charge of my emotions and very satisfied with the car, I chose to purchase rather than lease.

A week or two from now I'll have figured out Carwings, the nav, etc. etc. Soon the rebate $, the plates, the hov stickers and then I will be a full-fledged Leafer. I hope it will prove worthy of the wait, the aggravation. Income tax time will go a little easier next year.

For those of you on the cusp of getting your car in CA, as has been said, get your rebate app in ASAP--at the dealer if necessary (don't do what I did). And good luck.

Otto

Back