July 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MParker

For all those now bumped to July.

My first post here but I have been a long time lurker.

I was Month of April>May>Pending>June>July.

If I get bumped much further back I may just wait for the Ford Focus Electric.

-Matthew Parker

MParker said:

Same here. Given the 4-7 months from order date they were initially estimating, I was expecting my car in August at the time I ordered. So I guess I can't complain too much, but it really hurts after being told "Month of April".

Hard to know where to carry on a conversation... - we keep having to change threads! Apparently there are a fair number of April > May > June > July > ??? We'll have to share any hard information we have on the situation - if we can get it!

Blurgh! I'm now at July. That's 9 months from my actual order, and 10 months from when I was supposed to order but couldn't due to online system screw up. This also after having been told so many times over email and phone by Nissan CS that my place in line was based on reservation, not order. I might've been able to order in August if not for the AmEx reservation problem on 4/20/2010 - which will be one year ago on Wednesday.

My folks have been driving (and loving) their Volt for almost 2 months now, and they first contacted their Chevy dealer and ordered on the same week I placed my RAQ/order with Fontana. I'm definitely thinking of tracking down a Ford dealer with a Focus EV wait list to at least hedge my bets.

Add me to the growing chorus -- also a 9/29/10 RAQ which would make the proposed delivery date 10 months from order.

Damn... I was SO CLOSE...

~Y~

Yohannon said:
Add me to the growing chorus -- also a 9/29/10 RAQ which would make the proposed delivery date 10 months from order.
Ouch - I think you are the only Sept order who ETA is JULY. By far you should be the loudest complainer around! (PS - can you update the spreadsheet?)

I'm July now also, even though my dealer told me, just before the failure-to-start bug cropped up, that MY CAR IS IN PORTLAND! Three months to apply the fix on a car that's already in port????????????????? ??????????????? ????????????????? ??????????????? On a positive note, my dealer thinks the "Month of July" notice on my dashboard could be a dashboard bug. He asks me to wait a few days before getting upset.

drees said:
Yohannon said:
Ouch - I think you are the only Sept order who ETA is JULY. By far you should be the loudest complainer around! (PS - can you update the spreadsheet?)

RAQ 09/08/2010 and bumped to July.

Nissan really screwed this up. If I miss out on the 5k rebate I am going to request Nissan fork it over. They entered into an agreement by taking the deposit and telling us our place in line was by reservation date (and I was 04/20/2010 03:08 pm PST.)

PS submitted my info to the spreadsheet yesterday.

Hey guys. I'm "Month of July" now, too. I reserved 4/22, ordered in November. It's frustrating. I saw a dude on Hwy 18 in a Leaf and was tempted to follow him and find out how the heck he managed to make that happen.

drees said:

Thank you for kicking my butt about that -- I've been meaning to correct those accidental 10/29 entries for the RAQ. Sent in the form.

~Y~

Had a Nissan CS online web chat today....
Nissan Is aware that there have been some issues with vehicle allocation, and those issues have been identified so that they will not occur in the future.
Unfortunately you were on of those customers impacted. We are doing our best to get your LEAF to you as soon as possible.
They weren't immediately forthcoming with this. They first talked aobut production schedules, etc.. none of which add up to a 6+ month mess up in order sequencing. As I politley acknowldedged that eash of the excuses was not significant enough to have caused that delay aobut three times, they finally came forward and admitteed there were mistakes ("issues") in the order allocation / sequencing. You do have to give them a little credit for finally saying that. When GM forced us to return our EV1s and wouldn't extend the leases, they crushed perfectly good electric cars with no remorse. So compared to that, the Nissan experience is better. Yes, I had to wait forever for my EV1, with no updates in the interim until they told me it was ready.

(Yes, the tsunami and it's victims is tragic. Blaming any delays on the tsunami that were not actually casused by actually dishonors the victims by using the tragedy to cover for coperate mistakes. The tsunami delayed LEAF production by around 5-7 weeks total. The Oppama plant shut down vehicle production from 3/11 to 3/23 resuming vehicle production on 3/24 sporadically to April 11, roughly 50% capacity from April 11 to end of April and presumed full capacity from May 1 onward. It did not delay production by 6 months or have an effect on LEAFs that left Japan before the tsunami and were delivered out of order. I've donated to the Japan earthquake and tsunami relief efforts and Nissan has kindly matched my donation to the Red Cross. (Via the email Nissan sent out.))

So for sure, some January orders are getting delivered 6+ months ahead of other orders (based on order date to delivery date time interval) and it's definitely a mistake they made, that they say they have corrected for the future. They would not say approximately how many cars will be delivered out of order before they fixed the problem.

During the chat session, as a result of asking the specific questions - Is my LEAF manaufactured yet? Do I have A VIN? What's my delivery date? My LEAF status according to the Nissan CS webchat responses is:
My car is scheduled for production in May, I don't have a VIN yet and estimated delivery date of month of July.

(oops, with my delivery date moving around, I originally posted this in the wrong thread.)

The wait for my LEAF is starting to let my sinister speculative side wonder....

Enter the Twilight Zone...
Maybe the Nissan CS online Web chat is an inverse Turing test. It's not in India. It's run by a little computer that randomly sends out statuses, delivery dates and VINS trying to determine if any of us chat users are intelligent enough to figure it out... And so far, we're not...
;) ;) ;)
We are now leaving the land of the facetious Outer Limits and return control of the Horizontal and Vertical to you, while you cope with the reality of waiting for your LEAF to drop in your lap!

This is one club I really did not want to join. I ordered on Jan 11 and my first promised delivery, pre-earthquake, was for April. This slipped to May, then to Pending after the disaster, then to June and now I am at July. This actually still within the modified 4-7 month time estimate, so, I really would not have any real reason to complain had they never raised my hopes by giving me all those broken estimates. Now we are back to anxiety, waiting for the other shoe to drop. Hopefully we are dealing with an insect not a spider as 5 shoes have already fallen. While I accept that forecasting can be difficult this is rapidly become comic. This could be mitigated if they manage to resolve a lot of the issues discussed on this forum. Certainly, the AC problem should be fixed but other issues such as the outdated map data should also be addressed.

I am astonished that others in this July thread ordered in 2010 and have not received their cars. I accept that I came to this party later than the true fanatics of April and fully expected them to get their cars well before me and to deplete the CA rebate before I got my car. The $5K would be nice but I never really expected to get it, hoping for a reduces rebate next year.

I just found out that a friend of mine who ordered in LATE January just took delivery of his LEAF Today.

Just Not fair.

ElectricVehicle said:
During the chat session, as a result of asking the specific questions - Is my LEAF manaufactured yet? Do I have A VIN? What's my delivery date? My LEAF status according to the Nissan CS webchat responses is:
My car is scheduled for production in May, I don't have a VIN yet and estimated delivery date of month of July.
My dealer says my car is in Portland, I have a VIN in my Owner's Portal, CS says that's not my VIN but that I have a different VIN, which they won't tell me, and my dashboard STILL says "Month of July."

MParker said:
I just found out that a friend of mine who ordered in LATE January just took delivery of his LEAF Today.

Just Not fair.

I started a new job about the same time I ordered my leaf (late January). My new boss ordered his leaf a few weeks later with much coaching by me. He was notified yesterday his car was on the way to the dealer (it's been held in Long Beach on the software update). My dashboard says July now :-(

MParker said:
For all those now bumped to July.

My first post here but I have been a long time lurker.

If I get bumped much further back I may just wait for the Ford Focus Electric.

-Matthew Parker

Add me to the frustrated list!!!
I reserved 4/28/10. Wasn't allowed to order until 12/08/10 but did so right away.
Got the "4-7 months" spiel.
Also told (as part of ecotality project) that I'd get charger just before getting car.
Well, as of 4/21/11 have a charger sitting in my garage going "BLINK". ;)
Have gone from "May" to "June" to "July" on dashboard.
July isn't 7 months from December, but the young guy at customer support insisted it was. At a minimum they should train the CS folks to simply be nice and apologetic and say what little they know and what they don't know . . .

FilmMixer said:
drees said:
Yohannon said:

RAQ 09/08/2010 and bumped to July.

Nissan really screwed this up. If I miss out on the 5k rebate I am going to request Nissan fork it over. They entered into an agreement by taking the deposit and telling us our place in line was by reservation date (and I was 04/20/2010 03:08 pm PST.)

PS submitted my info to the spreadsheet yesterday.

Good luck with that, unfortunately Nissan has no delivery obligations and the rebates are not part of the delivery commitment, read the order agreement.

EVDRIVER said:
. . . unfortunately Nissan has no delivery obligations and the rebates are not part of the delivery commitment, read the order agreement.

This is a tired refrain. Nissan set up a brand new system, created reasonable expectations, and then completely made a mess of it -- twice. The first time occurred when Nissan sent RAQ emails to the line jumpers. (No one knows how this happened and Nissan is not talking). The second was when Nissan decided it would not correct the mistake. (This decision was never announced, but the spreadsheet made this evident). Both actions were unconscionable.

It gets even worse when you consider Nissan moved heaven and earth to fix the problem for the then-vocal Ttweed, but then put a friend of mine who ordered before Ttweed into June with no delivery date or VIN. The arbitrary and capricious nature of Nissan's decision-making is reprehensible. No "read your agreement" argument can change that.

MParker said:

Just Not fair.

Ouch! As an early-November order, that REALLY hurts. Was it for a Cailifornian? That would really REALLY hurt. :x

And yes, I'm among those just pushed to July, which would make for an 8-month delivery. I'm thinking that everyone in November got pushed to July delivery.

Back