J1772 plastic only inlet/connector

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpickup

I'm not even sure what this would be called, so let me explain what I'm trying to do. I'm not sure what to search for so I apologize if this has come up before, but I did try to search!

Due to some logistical considerations (mainly a garage constructed to be the absolute minimum size which is way too small for most cars) I need to park my LEAF on the side of the garage opposite my charging station, and the car that's parked on the other side completely blocks access to the EVSE unit. My charging cord is long enough to reach the other side, so no problem there. But when I unplug the LEAF the question is what to do with the nozzle? I've been "hanging" it on a wire rack by using the movable locking clip to hang it on a wire. I'm probably over cautious, but I'd prefer something a bit more secure, such as a non-functional J1772 inlet (plastic only, no need for any contacts) or even just the outer plastic sleeve and the part that the clip latches onto.

Does anyone know of a source for this and/or what it would be called so I can search for one myself? I've seen plenty of functional inlets available, but they are wired and ready to go and therefore cost $75-100.

Thanks,

Thanks, and I found the word I was looking for: "holster". Found a thread right here:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2979" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back