J1772 120v Adapter Photo

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
You said motor windings and charging, yes. However, the motor wingings are always part of the regen system. No conflict intended, just different names for the same thing.

No harm. I appreciate that the windings are part of the regen system - but the charger control board is not part of the regen system. Drive and regen are both handled by the controller.

The point I wanted to clarify was that if a transformer is needed for charging (not regen), then there is already at least one solution on the road that uses at least some of the motor windings as a transformer in the charging system.

I don't want anyone that's trying to understand the charging subsystem to be confused by references to regen.

AndyH said:
EVDRIVER said:
I really wish leaf came with an ACP system:)

If it did we'd need to bring two checkbooks to closing instead of just one. :D

Not so bad in mass production, in fact if the licensed technology were use in large numbers it would be quite affordable. Even the existing system made in Asia in low volume would be about half the cost, not to mention it has the DC/DC, grid tie and a very high power charger to boot. The entire system is also VERY low weight for its features and power. Presently the motors are wound by hand and in limited US production with very high costs. Even at a single unit cost of $25K it's a deal compared to the cost of just the comparable Brusa chargers! Talk about over priced.

Back