Issues with Android Bluetooth Audio

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcucci

I've set up my Samsung Galaxy S2 w/ICS as both a phone and audio device. That much seems to work fine, i.e. calls work great and I can listen to voicemails and my phone's audio player to listen to music. However...

- the nav system will ALWAYS fire up my audio player on the phone. This is incredibly annoying. It may be a "feature" for some, but I rarely use the audio player, but rather Pandora, my voicemail app, etc. when I switch to bluetooth audio. Is there a way to disable this? The LEAF's nav system is the only thing that makes my phone do this.

- Pandora doesn't work. It worked before ICS... IHeartRadio and other apps work fine. I'm guessing this is some glitch with ICS but the latest Pandora update after ICS hasn't fixed it.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

marcucci said:
I've set up my Samsung Galaxy S2 w/ICS as both a phone and audio device. That much seems to work fine, i.e. calls work great and I can listen to voicemails and my phone's audio player to listen to music. However...

- the nav system will ALWAYS fire up my audio player on the phone. This is incredibly annoying. It may be a "feature" for some, but I rarely use the audio player, but rather Pandora, my voicemail app, etc. when I switch to bluetooth audio. Is there a way to disable this? The LEAF's nav system is the only thing that makes my phone do this.

- Pandora doesn't work. It worked before ICS... IHeartRadio and other apps work fine. I'm guessing this is some glitch with ICS but the latest Pandora update after ICS hasn't fixed it.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

It's an ICS thing. I haven't figured out how to fix it yet either. My co-workers camry does the same thing when my phone is hooked up. Didn't do it before the upgrade.

marcucci said:
Ugh... not what I wanted to hear... but thanks for the feedback!

The ICS has issues with A-GPS too, so they are going to be putting an update out "soon." I put the "soon" in quotes because we all know how quickly the carriers handle this.

You might try the "A2DP Volume" app which can start a particular app when the bluetooth connects. I haven't tried Pandora though so it might not work, but at least the app is free :)

Leigh

ztanos said:
marcucci said:

Any thoughts? Thanks!

It's an ICS thing. I haven't figured out how to fix it yet either. My co-workers camry does the same thing when my phone is hooked up. Didn't do it before the upgrade.

if you are comfortable with messing with your phone you can always head over to xda-developers and see what you can find over there. I have not played around with this myself, but will be checking it out next week when I am back in town.
not sure what ICS version you are running, but you can always get ahead of the curve over there.. heck I am willing to bet there is a Jelly Bean based ROM out for SGII now.

dcdivenut said:
ztanos said:
marcucci said:

Any thoughts? Thanks!

if you are comfortable with messing with your phone you can always head over to xda-developers and see what you can find over there. I have not played around with this myself, but will be checking it out next week when I am back in town.
not sure what ICS version you are running, but you can always get ahead of the curve over there.. heck I am willing to bet there is a Jelly Bean based ROM out for SGII now.

There is a JB out for pretty much every phone. I just wanted to keep the stock rom on it until I got passed the 6 months of phone ownership. 1 more month to go. Researching.

Back