Is this trip do-able?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
planet4ever said:
TonyWilliams said:
As to warranty, leaving the car for extended periods with 100% charge is prohibited.
Where did you pick that one up, Tony? The closest I remember seeing is that charging to 100% daily will void the warranty if the charge level doesn't go below 98%.

Ray

Ok.... aren't we saying the same thing? I guess we could use the actual Nissan verbage, which I don't have handy.

It is almost certainlyly inadvisable to store the car for extended periods with the battery at 100%, but I don't know that it is prohibited. Here is what the Warranty Information Booklet says on Page 9 about charging daily to 100%:
This warranty does not cover damage or failures resulting from or caused by:
  • Charging the lithium-ion battery full on a daily basis despite the lithium-ion battery keeping a high state of charge level (98-100%).
In other words, don't leave the car plugged in and turned on with a 100% daily timer set when you go on vacation. :shock:

Ray

NYLEAF said:
I'm really hoping to see some L3 chargers in NY within the next 6 months or so.

I'm bumping my own 3+ year old thread to report that the Thruway is finally installing DC Quick Chargers along the route from NYC to Albany, meaning that my car could now make the trip I originally asked about when I first joined this forum in 2011. Too bad that my lease will be over by the time they're installed! Clearly I was a bit optimistic about "6 months or so".

Back