Is this a good lease deal?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm shopping for my wife's leaf and following is what i got as a best offer.

2013 leaf sv with premium package, $5k down, $ 226 per month, 15k annual, 36 months. (out the door)

paulk said:

2013 leaf sv with premium package, $5k down, $ 226 per month, 15k annual, 36 months. (out the door)

My deal: 2013 Leaf SV with Premium package, $2,300 down, $280 per month (including taxes), 15k annual, 36 months. This is from Cerritos Nissan.

Works out to about $750 less than what your dealer is quoting you. Also, it's better to have a smaller downpayment on a lease. Good luck!

shortcircuit said:
paulk said:

My deal: 2013 Leaf SV with Premium package, $2,300 down, $280 per month (including taxes), 15k annual, 36 months. This is from Cerritos Nissan.

Works out to about $750 less than what your dealer is quoting you. Also, it's better to have a smaller downpayment on a lease. Good luck!

The difference in total cost of ownership could be due to differences in sales or other taxes and government fees (since paulk did not mention his location). Also we don't know what state/local incentives paulk may qualify for, such as the $2500 rebate you're getting from the state of CA. I do agree to keep the lease drive-off as low as possible.

http://www.theautoleasecalculator.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You'll need to do some research to figure out the residual and money factor from NMAC, and fees from the dealer. Then plug it all into the calculator. If things don't add up, the dealer may be inflating the money factor.

The trick to negotiating a lease is to know everything ahead of time, and negotiate down the total cost of the car, not on the lease payments.

Back