iPhone will stop playing music randomly

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caffeinekid

I perused the forums to see if I could find any threads on this topic, but had no luck.

I have noticed lately that my iPhone 5 will just stop playing music randomly when connected via USB port. Disconnecting it from the port and then plugging it back in will get it started again. It can happen 30 seconds into driving, or it can take 30 minutes. It can happen once over the course of a 45 minute commute, or it can happen a couple of times. There is no rule or reason to it that I can find. This has started happening on my 2014, but my wife says the 2011 does the same thing with her iPod. My next step is to dis/reconnect the auxiliary battery. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions? The USB cables themselves are both OEM.

I didn't see this thread before so my bad.. I have had this issue myself, but with the Bluetooth. It happened to me after I connected my iPod as it had different music on it, and then when I went to go use my phone again it wouldn't display the battery/signal bars and the music would skip. I deleted out all of the Bluetooth profiles from the car, and the cars profile from my phone/iPod and after reconnecting haven't had an issue since.

The wired connection I haven't had an issue with as I used to use that all the time, and it never skipped on me.. Like you are saying I would disconnect the negative battery cable to try and reset it and see. If that doesn't work I would blow out the connector with a can of air, and take a look in there and make sure there is no debris.. If it still does it the connection might be coming off the back of the radio unit itself, or the radio unit is going bad. A few members on here have had the whole radio replaced already for varying reasons.. Hopefully you get it working again. I hate having to listen to the radio. Is nothing but commercials anymore.

There are some serious bugs with the music player in iOS 8. I have similar problems with my iPhone 6+ over Bluetooth with my Tesla.

Well, I took it in for its first battery checkup today and had them check it out while they had it. They are ordering a new radio as roadburner440 mentioned. Apparently the dealership has had a few of these come in now. It would be nice to know if this is the result of a bad run of units or just bad design. I have the S model with the small display and my wife has the SL with the full game, so different units, same problem.

Back