iPhone app not working? (1/5/11)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once I got the car and entered the Pin and PW into carwings, the iPhone app logged in (it was just given "unknown error" before).

I just pinged the car to get an update and it took less than a minute to update the car status and tell me I still had 93 miles in the charge and it would take around 40 minutes to charge.

Got to say, pretty cool.

I have never once been able to use the app. It says "failed to login" every single time. I am using my nissan owners portal password, not the carwings one. But I have tried both.

WWBD - that is the exact behavior and issue I had.

I recommend uninstalling, deleting something from memory, then reinstalling.

I'm guessing either the app has a sinister memory leak when multifunctioned, there was a silent version upgrade, or those of us who were overanxious and kept trying it before we got our cars have got the app or the server hung up somehow.

Let us know if the unistall reinstall works. I think a lot of people will need to do it.

The memory clearing is jut good practice, no real evidence yet that it was necessary.

I had the same thought when I woke up this morning, driveleaf! And it worked! Thank you! I don't have automatic updates set on my ipod, so maybe the leaf app had been trying to update but I wouldn't let it. In any case, deleting the app and re-downloading worked instantly. I don't know how to clear my memory, though, so I didn't try that.

Anybody know if there will be a Blackberry app at some point soon?

I am having the same problem with the iPad app. It's been giving me the "an unknown error has occurred" every time I attempt to log in. It was working for many weeks before this happened. I have tried removing the app, restarting the iPad, and reinstalling it (in that order) to no avail. Anyone have another suggestion? I know the account is correct, and the car is hooked up to Carwings and working, because I can access it using the web browser. When I enter anything but the correct login & password, I get a login error rather than the "unknown error." Help!

I'm getting the same exact error with my iPhone4 Leaf APP. It was working fine until a couple days ago. Anyone else?

Same here with IPhone app as of last night. Droid app not working and tried on friend's phone also.
I also experienced odd behavior with the Owners Portal web site, a Climate Control On request caused the car to start charging to 100%. I tried it again this afternoon with same result. Good to know it's not just me, but odd it's not everyone having this issue.

Same here.

i've been getting that error since yesterday.

Somethings wrong with the portal for the app I'm guessing

My iPhone app has been working without issue since I got the car a few weeks ago. I used it last night and twice today to check charge status and it worked both times.

On Thursday I recall opening the app and requesting and update and it giving me a message that it couldn't. I then quit and relaunched the app and it worked.

The CARWINGS XML RPC API has been throwing a 500 error since around 3:30 pm pacific time friday. Its quite a long outage, and its making me cold :lol:

Is this Carwings portal or App ever going to improve at all?
I know the automotive industry moves at a glacial pace, but it doesn't have to extend to their app space.

Seriously, the Carwings experience is just as obtuse and glitchy as it was at New Years. It's like they contracted this out, and then walked away from it.

Why do I have to attempt an update, only to detect a stale log-in, and re-login manually to request it again twice over? Seriously.. Just Do It For Me. Send my credentials with every request and keep trying until you get a positive response. What's at risk here? The dastardly russian hackers are going to turn on my climate control or see my SOC?

Why does it fail to update about half the time? Seriously, who's not doing their job here?

Works as of Sunday evening.

But... this AM, the driving distance shown does NOT match what the car shows. All other metrics match. I finally logged onto the website, and it showed the last refresh that the iPhone app showed, including the bad DD. Refreshed the web site, it was correct after refresh, and after that the iPhone app was correct as well.

So, either I had incredible timing to span the moment when they fixed a problem with the web site (which is possible, as it is very apparent the iPhone app is just a cover over the web site, right down to the ridiculous login timeout), or refreshing the web site fixed both.

Either way, all working now.

Back