Interviewed for Television

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dav

Interesting. Local TV station channel 10 contacted Leon at Mossy to find an early order person. He contacted me.

So I have just been interviewed for their 6:00 news tonight. I've never been on TV before. I'll bet I look like a geek. :D

He was hoping to find someone who was buying it to get the HOV access. Or at least someone giving up their Prius to get the Leaf.

But there are very very few miles of HOV access in this area, and most folks are keeping their Prius to be their long-distance car. Had to disappoint him.

But if you are in San Diego and are an early order person who really wants the HOV access or is giving up their Prius and are available right away, I can put you in touch with Robert at Channel 10.

Dav said:
He was hoping to find someone who was buying it to get the HOV access. Or at least someone giving up their Prius to get the Leaf.

Not surprising. "News" organizations go in with a particular theme/meme and find the example that fits their preconcieved notion.

Chances of finding someone who reserved very early on Apr 20th (when the HOV incentive was not even known) are zero. Prius replacements are possible ... but my guess is not that many. Like you most will keep Prius for long distance ...

Back