Im having a problem getting a permit for the charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark13

Ecotality called me saying we have a issue with a permit..It seems 5 years ago we had a iron fence put in the backyard and the final permit was never cleared ;-( I called the fence company that uses a answer machine and someone called me back a week ago and said they would look into it..They have yet to call back..They are a license contractor and im not sure what happen with the permit..

Im curios if anyone knows anything about permits in what I should do ? The car is do to arrive next week ..I guess I might need to hire someone to come out to draw up plans of the backyard but im not sure who to contact..I live in Phx AZ if anyone knows of a company that I can hire..

The fence company has somewhere near zero motivation to fix this anytime soon. The only thing that is likely to 'move' them is an attorney. Obviously that is a slow and expensive option. Your best bet, in my experience, is to call the local permit authority at the city government and explain to them what your situation is and try to get an idea of what needs to be done. It is NOT always the case that you need some big engineering drawing. Sometimes a simple hand drawn image with some dimensions will do.

mark13 said:
Ecotality called me saying we have a issue with a permit..It seems 5 years ago we had a iron fence put in the backyard and the final permit was never cleared ;-( I called the fence company that uses a answer machine and someone called me back a week ago and said they would look into it..They have yet to call back..They are a license contractor and im not sure what happen with the permit..

Im curios if anyone knows anything about permits in what I should do ? The car is do to arrive next week ..I guess I might need to hire someone to come out to draw up plans of the backyard but im not sure who to contact..I live in Phx AZ if anyone knows of a company that I can hire..

My experience is that the Phoenix Planning and Development Department tries to be reasonable when working directly with homeowners so I suggest you call them directly. I think they are less flexible when dealing with contractors. If you call them directly, they should be able to explain what is required to clear the fence issue and may be able to facilitate the electrical permit while the fence resolution is in progress. That being said, if the fence is an access barrier to a swimming pool or spa, it will need to meet all of their requirements before they will approve the fence.

The fence may well be fine. Contractor just never called for the final.
I have had several of these over the years... inspector comes out and signs off, done.

The guy from Ecotality said they want full drawings of the backyard that shows placement of the fence around the backyard and we did get it for the pool and to keep the coyotes and javalina from the dogs. ..For some reason they want 7 copies...I will head down to where they give out permits Thursday..Stay away from S.W. Wrought Iron in AZ ...I guess I can make a complaint while Im there on the company sence they are a license contractor..

The car is do this week ..Peoria Nissan did not get the fast chargers put in at the dealer..Are there any fast chargers on the far west side of Phx AZ ?

Hi Mark13,
You may already have resolved this issue by now, but if I were you I think I would call the fence company back and ask them if they really want you to file a complaint with the Arizona Registrar of Contractors (ROC). If they are licensed, they probably don't want a complaint, even though it won't be too hard for them to avoid any real enforcement from the ROC.

Otherwise, I think there is a good chance that your work "would have" been approved but the fence company never called for the final inspection.

Good luck!

I drove down to 44 street where they handle permits and the head guy was not there ..They will look into the matter and call me back later ..Its $100 for a reinspection and that is what I hoping for to get it cleared out..

Its kind of funny but I think they use google earth to look at your house..Ours was blacked out because of the permit issue ..After he cleared the pic out we were looking at the pool and fence..I guess only one guy can clear the issues..

When I got home Peoria Nissan called and the car will be here any time between the 8th-15th..I told him my issues with the permit..

By the way 2 thumbs up to Ecotality..I emailed them 2 weeks ago wondering when my install was going in and they called me back the next day asking me what the best day would be to install it...The next day they gave me the bad news on the permit issue..They have also done follow up calls ;-)

Back