Ideal Charger Timer settings both 1 & 2 ??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftieBiker said:
I believe she means that the car has never had 12 capacity bars while in her possession.

Correct and thank you. It says that the 120v takes up to 21 hours to get "full capacity" but it's never been to full, so I am disappointed, but like I said I will try the 30 min QC this weekend and see how it goes, taking a road trip this Saturday after breakfast to San Diego.

S

Sondy132001 said:
LeftieBiker said:
I believe she means that the car has never had 12 capacity bars while in her possession.

Correct and thank you. It says that the 120v takes up to 21 hours to get "full capacity" but it's never been to full, so I am disappointed, but like I said I will try the 30 min QC this weekend and see how it goes, taking a road trip this Saturday after breakfast to San Diego.hee

S
Your confused use of the terminology continues to leave everyone confused.

There are three sets of bars above the steering wheel.
Far left is battery temperature.
Far right is capacity of the traction battery.
You appear to have called this quality at one point.
It is a long term average slow to change indicator of how much power the traction battery can store.
It loses one bar usually permanently with the traction battery having lost 15% of storage capacity.
The bar hardly ever comes back.
The bars below the first are 6.25%.
DCQC will not bring capacity bars back.

You appear to be confusing energy storage capacity bars with stored energy "fuel" bars.
Two entirely different things.

TimLee said:
Sondy132001 said:
LeftieBiker said:

Correct and thank you. It says that the 120v takes up to 21 hours to get "full capacity" but it's never been to full, so I am disappointed, but like I said I will try the 30 min QC this weekend and see how it goes, taking a road trip this Saturday after breakfast to San Diego.hee

S
Your confused use of the terminology continues to leave everyone confused.

There are three sets of bars above the steering wheel.
Far left is battery temperature.
Far right is capacity of the traction battery.
You appear to have called this quality at one point.
It is a long term average slow to change indicator of how much power the traction battery can store.
It loses one bar usually permanently with the traction battery having lost 15% of storage capacity.
The bar hardly ever comes back.
The bars below the first are 6.25%.
DCQC will not bring capacity bars back.

You appear to be confusing energy storage capacity bars with stored energy "fuel" bars.
Two entirely different things.

yeah I know battery temp, far left, then I have bars to the right, far right is battery storage, it's at 11 bars and I know they don't come back, then to the left of the battery storage are the so called, to me at least, the fuel bars, it looks like it goes to 12 also, has the number of miles per say that you can go on that charge, I've never seen it above 75, usually it's at 67. Am I still confused or still confusing you Tim?? Sorry abut that also.

Sondy132001 said:
yeah I know battery temp, far left, then I have bars to the right, far right is battery storage, it's at 11 bars and I know they don't come back, then to the left of the battery storage are the so called, to me at least, the fuel bars, it looks like it goes to 12 also, has the number of miles per say that you can go on that charge, I've never seen it above 75, usually it's at 67. Am I still confused or still confusing you Tim?? Sorry abut that also.
You've got it right save, perhaps, for some confusion over the "Guess-o-meter" (GOM). That "distance to empty" number is a very rough estimate of the range of the car based on the last few miles of driving efficiency. It is often Wildly Inaccurate, which is why we call it the GOM. There is no way the GOM can know what sort of driving you are going to do, whether uphill or downhill, what the weather is like, what speed you are going (higher speeds = lower range) and so forth.

The GOM number should be ignored. It is not a reliable measure of the state of charge of your car. Please don't use GOM numbers as if they were "real". By way of example, here is my "personal best" GOM reading:

15258960712_1c56609ca9.jpg

This was 14.5 miles into the trip. Do I really have 155 miles of range in my LEAF? No.

Sondy132001 said:
... then to the left of the battery storage are the so called, to me at least, the fuel bars, it looks like it goes to 12 also, has the number of miles per say that you can go on that charge, I've never seen it above 75, usually it's at 67. Am I still confused or still confusing you Tim?? Sorry abut that also.
I am a bit less confused.

You still seem to believe the range estimate should be higher when you are fully charged.
But you have lost one capacity bar.
So your battery can only store around 85% of what it could when new.
So depending on how efficiently you have been using energy over your last half hour or so of driving, only seeing 67 to 75 miles on the Distance to Empty range estimate is perfectly normal for your battery when it is fully charged.

Nissan caused a lot of this expectation of 100 mile range because they marketed around that early on.
Even with a new LEAF it took slow speeds, level ground, no heat use, and very efficient steady driving to do 100 miles.

I have lost two capacity bars and I rarely see more than 75 mile range estimate when fully charged even if the last thirty minutes of driving was less than 40 miles per hour with no use of heat or AC.

Hope you have an enjoyable trip :D

TimLee said:
Sondy132001 said:
... then to the left of the battery storage are the so called, to me at least, the fuel bars, it looks like it goes to 12 also, has the number of miles per say that you can go on that charge, I've never seen it above 75, usually it's at 67. Am I still confused or still confusing you Tim?? Sorry abut that also.
I am a bit less confused.

You still seem to believe the range estimate should be higher when you are fully charged.
But you have lost one capacity bar.
So your battery can only store around 85% of what it could when new.
So depending on how efficiently you have been using energy over your last half hour or so of driving, only seeing 67 to 75 miles on the Distance to Empty range estimate is perfectly normal for your battery when it is fully charged.

Nissan caused a lot of this expectation of 100 mile range because they marketed around that early on.
Even with a new LEAF it took slow speeds, level ground, no heat use, and very efficient steady driving to do 100 miles.

I have lost two capacity bars and I rarely see more than 75 mile range estimate when fully charged even if the last thirty minutes of driving was less than 40 miles per hour with no use of heat or AC.

Hope you have an enjoyable trip :D

Thanks both you of you, I am not confused anymore and I get what your saying now Tim ! I like the GOM name too DGP ! I will refer to that name from now on !

Back