ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doug401 said:
Yes... no wonder I couldn't find it Dave. It's closer to exit 102. Nice post. Thanks

tell me about it. its .5 miles from the Trosper exit (#102) but 1.7 miles from the Tumwater Blvd Exit (#101)

sign up at Oly Leaf owner's page at FB and you coulda heard about it...an hour sooner!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/162442713806531/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GaslessInSeattle said:
that map is missing the one in Bellingham. Looks like we have 8 confirmed now!!

do you know what the street address is for Bellingham. the only thing i have is its in the Sehome Village Shopping Center.

ok, not an exact address but close enough. there was a pix taken by someone who says its between Starbucks and REI in Sehome Village Shopping Center in Bellingham. so i just used the Starbucks addy.

Wow... Outstanding. Finally it's happening. We Leaf owners are going to own these stations for the near future. I haven't even seen a Mitsubishi i-MiEV.

If nobody is going to post them on Plug Share, I will. Can I use these pictures?

The Bellingham DCQC address is 222 36th st. It is shown on the PlugShare app.

DaveinOlyWA said:
GaslessInSeattle said:
that map is missing the one in Bellingham. Looks like we have 8 confirmed now!!

do you know what the street address is for Bellingham. the only thing i have is its in the Sehome Village Shopping Center.

OK... So what's the story here with all the Hwy 2 stations? Who came up with that plan instead of I-90 first? What politician or higher up transportation goon needs/wants an electric road to Wenatchee? This makes NO sense to me to spend so much time and effort to only go skiing? Am I the only one wondering the crazy decisions being made here???? There is definitely some sort of greasing of skids for someone going on here. Useless for me... :x :?:

The delays on rolling out the stations are many from hesitant landlords, uncooperative jurisdictions, and conflicting local regulations.

The order these stations were put up has nothing to do with their roles

LECTRFY said:
OK... So what's the story here with all the Hwy 2 stations? Who came up with that plan instead of I-90 first? What politician or higher up transportation goon needs/wants an electric road to Wenatchee? This makes NO sense to me to spend so much time and effort to only go skiing? Am I the only one wondering the crazy decisions being made here???? There is definitely some sort of greasing of skids for someone going on here. Useless for me... :x :?:

I hear you... I'm lucky to have Hwy 2 next to me, and the first goal should be Interstates including I90 all the way to Spokane. We should raise a stink. I plan to use these chargers even when I don't need them, to show big demand, regardless of my cost. If the demand is there, maybe some profit too, they will build them...

That being said, cruising scenic Hwy 2 all electric will be the best drive around.

I think the plan with hwy 2 was to make sure all the 20- somethings can drive their Leafs, Teslas, and Ford Focus's up to go skiing. Afterall, they are the largest segment of the of the EV market. :lol:

LECTRFY said:

the communities along Hwy 2 undoubtedly have less regs to negotiate and the feeling of being "passed thru". the names of the towns i am very familiar with, but the businesses in the town, i am not (i dont usually go that route coming from Olympia) and these chargers are ways to get more people stopping in on their way to somewhere.

as far as timing goes. if all went perfectly, each would have broke ground and been finished all the same time and we would have been Qc'ing since late last summer (original launch date was Aug 30...) but that has not been the case.

when looking at where the ground breaking happened quickest, i see most being in an area where electricity rates may be different and most obvious would be the population density and property values (same situation for much of OR)

here is a quote from Tonia describing some of the challenges her office has faced in getting these chargers located. as we already know, many of these chargers appeared in locations other than the original plans...

We haven’t announced the specific locations yet. You’d be surprised to know about all the issues that can arise—everything from a landlord not signing the lease to not getting an easement approved to a city not providing a permit. We also want to protect the participating businesses from getting media and public inquiries before the chargers are installed and activated.

Based on DaveInOlyWA's first response, I was concerned that he has been down in Oly too long and all those Oly politicians have rubbed off on him a little bit too much. However, I see now that he had more data than the rest of us (unless HE really IS the reason that Hwy 2 stations are being installed first....Dave, do you have a cabin in the woods we don't know about??? :lol: ). Thanks for the details Dave. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that at least there are QC stations being installed somewhere. I'm sure that I-90 will come eventually. It's just difficult to watch from the sidelines as what seems like unlogical decisions are being made. I just wish I knew more of the process that went into deciding Hwy 2 instead of I-90.

LECTRFY said:
Based on DaveInOlyWA's first response, I was concerned that he has been down in Oly too long and all those Oly politicians have rubbed off on him a little bit too much. However, I see now that he had more data than the rest of us (unless HE really IS the reason that Hwy 2 stations are being installed first....Dave, do you have a cabin in the woods we don't know about??? :lol: ). Thanks for the details Dave. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that at least there are QC stations being installed somewhere. I'm sure that I-90 will come eventually. It's just difficult to watch from the sidelines as what seems like unlogical decisions are being made. I just wish I knew more of the process that went into deciding Hwy 2 instead of I-90.

ya, unfortunately the only reason OR is on and we are not is WA has more red tape to negotiate. it is as simple as that. the timetables for both states were identical. we are simply having more problems getting the vendors and various legislative bodies on board with all this.

personally i think it is the question of tourism. So. OR and Hwy 2 are very similar places. very small towns whose main claim to fame is they are "on the way" to something else. the QC's is something they are willing to try to get more pass thru business into their towns.

the I-5 Corridor does not have that issue. they also have less space, much higher electricity rates and more NIMBYisms to deal with.

once again; it seems like no matter how good the idea seems to be, there is always someone who has an issue with it.

the OR EV Assc. said it best. OR has a major reason to do this. they do not have a refinery in the state so gasoline represents 2 Billion a year removed from their economy annually. so they have very little opposition to this.

WA unfortunately suffers from the boot of Big Oil. we have yet to fully crawl out from under

Does anyone know, or can make out the 800 phone number from the pictures on the AV charge units? I seem to recall the Oregon forum posts saying they called the number before they had their FOB and AV turned the charger on remotely. We might be able to "test" the chargers prior to the official opening.

Overall, I think Aerovironment has done a good job getting this rolling (shameless ass kissing). Easy to say compared to the other jokers.

doug401 said:
Does anyone know, or can make out the 800 phone number from the pictures on the AV charge units? I seem to recall the Oregon forum posts saying they called the number before they had their FOB and AV turned the charger on remotely. We might be able to "test" the chargers prior to the official opening.

Overall, I think Aerovironment has done a good job getting this rolling (shameless ass kissing). Easy to say compared to the other jokers.

i can swing by the Tumwater Station and get closer pix. its only like 6 miles from my house

Thanks for the offer, but when looking at the pictures, I don't see the same phone number placard on the Tumwater charger. The others have it just above the touch screen.

I'm going to call AV using the phone number on their web site and press them for information.

OK... The phone number on the DC units is the same as the one on the web site 888-833-2148. I just got off the phone with Dyra. She is the gal who mails the Fobs to us. She put me on hold and checked to see if we can use them... No go... Although you can use them without a fob by calling the number, they are all still in testing and not ready. And... they don't have an ETA for grand opening. :cry:

So, maybe on Saturday while at the Burlington station, I will call them back and plead with them again while making up a sad story about being stranded and needing a charge. :roll:

She also said the Washington state Fob requests have been brisk, the Oregon stations have been getting a lot of use, charging will be free for a while, and she checked to see if my name was on her list, it was.

Back