ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent an email asking about the VIP parking. I'll post the response.

Providing it's fit to post.... :eek: :lol:

ebill3 said:
saywatt said:
Here is the response I received on the Seattle event next week. Perhaps this could be our next big PNW turnout :?:

Thank you for your interest in attending the drive electric tour sponsored
by the 100% electric Nissan LEAF. As you know, we will be at the Seattle
Center International Fountain Plaza, located on 2nd & Harrison Street,
December 9th - 11th. Please feel free to come any day between the hours of
11:30am and 5:00pm and bring your friends! General Parking is available at
the 5th Avenue Parking Garage (located on 5th Avenue and Harrison Street)

As a VIP you will be offered, complimentary snacks and beverages, a LEAF
owner exclusive t-shirt, as well as access to our charging stations -
including the quick charge! Please work with our Event Staff if you need a
charge. All we ask is that you come and share your love for the LEAF with
potential consumers.

Once onsite, please locate the registration tower, inform the staff that
you are a LEAF owner and they will take care of you from there.

If you have any further questions please let me know, thanks!
Hey, what happened to the VIP parking :?: :eek:

Bill

eeman said:
Countryleaf:

I live in Port Townsend and checked out the charger at the Wooden Boat building a few months ago. It was old and had a connector that WAS NOT compatible with the Leaf. I talked to the woman in charge and informed her of that situation. She told me that she would look into getting the charger changed out so that it would be compatible for the Leaf. Before going out there depending on a charge, call the place and check on the status of their charger. If anyone is in Port Townsend and is in desparate need of a charge, call me at 360-385-9956. I have a Leviton charger installed in my garage, and I wouldn't mind providing a charge to a needy Leaf driver. Just ask for Ed.

Ed,
Thanks for the information. That is bad news about the charger. I will be sure to call them before coming (I will keep your number handy just in case).
David

:(

"Hi Bill

At most stops on the tour, VIP parking is available. Unfortunately, for our location in Seattle we are unable to offer complimentary parking to our guests. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!
Jenna

Jenna Wakefield
Account Supervisor, Client Services
GMR Marketing"

highcountryrider said:
I sent an email asking about the VIP parking. I'll post the response.

Providing it's fit to post.... :eek: :lol:

ebill3 said:
saywatt said:
Here is the response I received on the Seattle event next week. Perhaps this could be our next big PNW turnout :?:

Thank you for your interest in attending the drive electric tour sponsored
by the 100% electric Nissan LEAF. As you know, we will be at the Seattle
Center International Fountain Plaza, located on 2nd & Harrison Street,
December 9th - 11th. Please feel free to come any day between the hours of
11:30am and 5:00pm and bring your friends! General Parking is available at
the 5th Avenue Parking Garage (located on 5th Avenue and Harrison Street)

As a VIP you will be offered, complimentary snacks and beverages, a LEAF
owner exclusive t-shirt, as well as access to our charging stations -
including the quick charge! Please work with our Event Staff if you need a
charge. All we ask is that you come and share your love for the LEAF with
potential consumers.

Once onsite, please locate the registration tower, inform the staff that
you are a LEAF owner and they will take care of you from there.

If you have any further questions please let me know, thanks!
Hey, what happened to the VIP parking :?: :eek:

Bill

highcountryrider said:
Hi Bill

At most stops on the tour, VIP parking is available. Unfortunately, for our location in Seattle we are unable to offer complimentary parking to our guests. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!
Jenna

Jenna Wakefield
Account Supervisor, Client Services
GMR Marketing"
Well, it was a good try - thanks for getting the clarification.

I will need a bit of a charge, so maybe I'll just connect, socialize a bit, grab a snack, and then split. ;)
All depends on the WX, of course.

Bill

I'm sad, I haven't even seen the LEAF owner invite! Clearly, Nissan no longer loves me. :'(

(Or possibly the Great Internet Antispam Beast hungered for my e-mails, and they are being digested somewhere.)

highcountryrider said:
It's Seattle, plan on rain.... :lol:
No rain forecast for next 6 days. Snow showers on Thursday & PM Sun on Friday. Guessing sunny and cold on Sat/Sun. Just like it was 2 years back when Leaf first came to Seattle and last year during the first test drives.

leaf001.jpg

I was in the area and decided to check out the charging stations at the Ikea in Renton. Four(4) new Blink L2 EVSEs, one of them is at a disabled parking spot. The best part is that they are right there in the garage area right across the entrance to the store along the west wall.

20111201_201611.jpg

20111201_201620.jpg

Sweet! Good to know about Ikea. Were they free, and if not what are they charging? I found out the other day that the ChargePoint ones at Bellevue Square are NOT free. I can't remember the cost, something like a dollar per hour, $0.75 minimum.

blorg said:
Sweet! Good to know about Ikea. Were they free, and if not what are they charging? I found out the other day that the ChargePoint ones at Bellevue Square are NOT free. I can't remember the cost, something like a dollar per hour, $0.75 minimum.
They are free. I charged up for all about 5 minutes just to prove it to myself.

Now THIS sounds like a sweet deal for BEV owners...

WASHINGTON — A federal power agency discriminated against wind operators in the Pacific Northwest when it unplugged their generators to cope with a surplus of renewable energy on its transmission system this year, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission ruled on Tuesday. It ordered the agency, the Bonneville Power Administration, to rewrite its rules...

...a group of wind companies filed a complaint with the energy regulatory commission saying that instead off turning off wind turbines, Bonneville should have resorted to “negative pricing,” or paying customers to take the excess power...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/08/business/energy-environment/bonneville-power-ordered-to-change-wind-rules.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1323344225-GJgxhOE+7EHs2PUv1wAvnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great!! I'll charge to that!! :)

edatoakrun said:
Now THIS sounds like a sweet deal for BEV owners...

WASHINGTON — A federal power agency discriminated against wind operators in the Pacific Northwest when it unplugged their generators to cope with a surplus of renewable energy on its transmission system this year, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission ruled on Tuesday. It ordered the agency, the Bonneville Power Administration, to rewrite its rules...

...a group of wind companies filed a complaint with the energy regulatory commission saying that instead off turning off wind turbines, Bonneville should have resorted to “negative pricing,” or paying customers to take the excess power...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/08/business/energy-environment/bonneville-power-ordered-to-change-wind-rules.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1323344225-GJgxhOE+7EHs2PUv1wAvnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone going to Seattle Center today? I'm planning to be there around noon - want to try out the L3..........Since we DON'T HAVE ANY AROUND HERE YET!!!! :cry:

Actually, I want the free T-shirt! :D

saywatt said:
Anyone going to Seattle Center today? I'm planning to be there around noon - want to try out the L3..........Since we DON'T HAVE ANY AROUND HERE YET!!!! :cry:

Actually, I want the free T-shirt! :D
No Friday traffic for me. I might try Sunday.

Bill

Back