How to turn off heat?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kieranmullen

Ok I suppose it is a stupid question. I have AUTO off and the temp down as far as it will go. It was colder outside than 60 so I can only assume that since the power spiked on the power usage meter for climate control that the heat was on. How can I turn heat off with the fan on even if the air is cold? Or perhaps I did not remember it correctly and that would be impossible and it was in auto thereby kicking the heat on but in manual it would not? thanks!

kieranmullen said:
Ok I suppose it is a stupid question. I have AUTO off and the temp down as far as it will go. It was colder outside than 60 so I can only assume that since the power spiked on the power usage meter for climate control that the heat was on. How can I turn heat off with the fan on even if the air is cold? Or perhaps I did not remember it correctly and that would be impossible and it was in auto thereby kicking the heat on but in manual it would not? thanks!

Because you have a 2012 LEAF you cannot turn off the heat without turning off climate control. This is one of the features Nissan fixed with the 2013.

EVSEupgrade.com used to offer a modified control unit that supported this feature, but they do no more. If you search there is a thread here on MNF that described how you could make the modification yourself (it's complicated).

cgaydos said:
EVSEupgrade.com used to offer a modified control unit that supported this feature, but they do no more.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=6751" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; was the original thread on that but the OP already knows that. This will help future '11 and '12 Leaf owners who run into this...

Back