How to plan route with elevation in mind?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyWilliams said:
Until you have the latest Technical Service Bulletin complied with, CarWings is also a joke.
Uh, oh. . . my newness is showing. :oops: How does one determine if the latest bulletin has been complied with? Having had the car only a week, I would have expected it to have been updated before delivery. Thanks!

HighDesertDriver said:
TonyWilliams said:
Until you have the latest Technical Service Bulletin complied with, CarWings is also a joke.
Uh, oh. . . my newness is showing. :oops: How does one determine if the latest bulletin has been complied with? Having had the car only a week, I would have expected it to have been updated before delivery. Thanks!

If your Carwings and Screen history Miles/kWH reports match, You probably have it. PRE-update, CW reported innacurately.

See this post for more:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please comment if your odometer reading varies from CW "miles driven", as mine does, and whether CW matches the dash, or the center screen “history”, in your car.

edatoakrun said:
Please comment if your odometer reading varies from CW "miles driven", as mine does, and whether CW matches the dash, or the center screen “history”, in your car.
The odometer shows 405.6 miles while Carwings shows 371.7 miles driven. I'll have to check back in the paperwork to see what the numbers were when we picked it up, but the mileage was under 10. I'll have to watch week-to-week to see if the difference remains constant.

Carwings shows the following data for the specific trips to/from Valencia:
-- 5.8miles/kWh average for 28.4 miles downhill to Valencia
-- 2.9miles/kWh average for 28.6 miles uphill to Palmdale
Looks dead-on to Tony's guesstimate of 4.3 average for the round trip.

HighDesertDriver said:
edatoakrun said:
The odometer shows 405.6 miles while Carwings shows 371.7 miles driven. I'll have to check back in the paperwork to see what the numbers were when we picked it up, but the mileage was under 10. I'll have to watch week-to-week to see if the difference remains constant.

Carwings shows the following data for the specific trips to/from Valencia:
-- 5.8miles/kWh average for 28.4 miles downhill to Valencia
-- 2.9miles/kWh average for 28.6 miles uphill to Palmdale
Looks dead-on to Tony's guesstimate of 4.3 average for the round trip.

Not clear to me what you mean here-dash, center console (history) screen, or CW online history?

Do they all agree for you? I mention my experience after the update in the thread referenced.

My car CONSISTENTLY shows 2.5% lower CW DAILY "miles driven" than the odometer and mapping show for the same day.

My Dash and Carwings CONSISTENTLY show (about) the same 2.5% understatement of daily miles/kWh, as compared to the center console.

I would like to know if other cars have the same problem, or if mine is unique.

The mileage totals you mention are not very useful, as any time you refuse CW (or CW cannot communicate) the miles will not show up on CW history.

CW missing my driving records was a common problem for me before the update, but it has not occurred since.

Back