How long can a dealer wait?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
waitingforaleaf said:
a representative should then be able to provide you with the actual plate number

When I called in, I was told by the DMV staffer that they would not give out the license plate number of the phone; I *had* to call the back office at the dealer if I wanted to know before the plates came. And the back office at Boardwalk has not shown itself to be particularly speedy or even easy to access.

jwatte said:
waitingforaleaf said:
a representative should then be able to provide you with the actual plate number

When I called in, I was told by the DMV staffer that they would not give out the license plate number of the phone; I *had* to call the back office at the dealer if I wanted to know before the plates came. And the back office at Boardwalk has not shown itself to be particularly speedy or even easy to access.
You could try going to your local DMV office with a copy of your registration application and ID. They may (or may not) decide to be nice and give you the plate number. Probably worth a try.

(I just called DMV about 2 weeks after I got the car and was informed that my VIN was not yet in the system :cry: )

Back