How irritating buying a used Leaf online.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roadburner440 said:
2012 SL was standard. I still have the window sticker and it is listed under the standard features.. Only thing listed under additional options is my floor mats for $170. Even my Nissan dealer still sends me coupons for free oil changes for my Leaf and stuff, so is not just used car dealers...

It's one thing to offer a useless service because of an automated system that doesn't know any better. It's another thing to actually tell your potential customer that you have just performed said service on a vehicle that doesn't need it.

adric22 said:
Roadburner440 said:
2012 SL was standard. I still have the window sticker and it is listed under the standard features.. Only thing listed under additional options is my floor mats for $170. Even my Nissan dealer still sends me coupons for free oil changes for my Leaf and stuff, so is not just used car dealers...

It's one thing to offer a useless service because of an automated system that doesn't know any better. It's another thing to actually tell your potential customer that you have just performed said service on a vehicle that doesn't need it.

Agreed. I'm afraid such things are not limited to car services either. The double edge sword of standard proceedures/checklists. While the list is supposed to ensure that services are completed, it often times ends up being used as "well it says it was done so it was". I used to really be irked by techs who wouldn't even bother reading the blocks and would use a single line down the page to indicate "yes" boxes checked off....

The mistake I made early on was telling the service writer that I wanted the xxxx mile service done on my Leaf.. What little did I know they have a standardized system for cars that said service is almost $200 and includes oil change, tire rotation, topping of fluids, etc.. I wound up getting them to take $30 off cause they obviously didn't change the oil.. Now I am specific for what I want instead of saying I want the however many mile service.. Anymore is just the annual battery check, tire rotation, and then I get the brake fluid flushed every 2 years.

By the way it wasn't an automated service that tells me these things.. If I get a service writer (other than my particular one) after giving them my name, car make/model, and telling them what I'd want done they always ask me if I want to take advantage of oil change specials, transmission flushes, etc. The disadvantage of being in a very low volume Leaf area I suppose. They used to have 2 Leaf techs at my dealer, and now there is only 1 left. Doesn't solve the OP's problem though.

I have seen quite a few great deals for them at CarMax believe it or not. This one is right up from me in Richmond and appears to be in excellent shape: http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/default.html?id=11389678&AVi=1&No=0&Rp=R&D=50&zip=23608&ASTc=Nissan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Leaf&Q=65f7677a-fade-445a-8d81-393d974df277&Ep=search:results:results page . The good thing with them is they ship all over the country, and the most expensive charge I have ever seen was $600. I may keep my eyes open for a 2014/2015 eventually as they start coming off of lease through them if I ever want to pick up one with the 6.6 charger.

Back