How do you answer the really stupid questions that you get?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a 2003 TDI and over 140,000 miles we are averaging 52.12 mpg. I have gone over 1000 miles on a couple of tanks and quite a few tanks over 60 mpg's as well. I can't complain, but now that my wife isn't drive 40 miles to and from work, instead driving between 9 schools 3 to 5 times a day (school nurse) all with 9 miles of each other the TDI hates cold starts and the perfect job of the Leaf.

The right tool for the right job...

TomT said:
When I was recently in Europe we rented a diesel hybrid... Am amazingly fun car to drive with good performance, and over 2,000 miles we averaged a trip total of 97 mpg... It had a 15 gallon tank so I think we fulled up twice...

jelloslug said:
The bottom line is that if VW were to sell the Jetta TDI BlueMotion in the US it would end up getting less MPG than a Prius, cost more, and be slower.
The Jetta TDI BlueMotion is not a hybrid though. It's just a 1.6l turbodiesel.

I think it's good people are curious. I would imagine if they listen to the answers and learn something, eventually the questions would get less stupid, and eventually they might go out and buy a leaf too.

Back