How did I do on my 2013 Leaf S lease?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajshin27

Just got my brand new 2013 Nissan Leaf S with charging package.

Down: $0
Payments: $240/month for 23 months everything included*
Disposition fee: $395

*In Georgia, they put into place a new law on ad valorem tax. So starting March 1, 2013, all car purchases will have an upfront ad valorem tax of 6.5%. Apparently, this goes for leases as well. The ad valorem tax for my Leaf was about $1400 or about $58/month for my 24 month lease. In return, there is no more "birthday tax." Plus, we get a $5,000 state tax credit.

I know some members prefer to calculate any tax incentives, but I honestly don't know how much of the incentives I'll be able to utilize, so I didn't include it.

Did I get a good deal? Was also considering a 2013 Prius II for $22,000.

By leasing your Leaf, you gave the $7500 Federal tax credit to the dealership. Nice that you have a $5000 state credit. In PA they were originally giving $3500 but it reduces $500 every several months or the amount of people qualifying for the grant. I am waiting for my $3000 check and will use my $7500 tax credit for my Federal tax.

mbems said:
By leasing your Leaf, you gave the $7500 Federal tax credit to the dealership. ...
It actually goes to the leasing company in this case Nissan. You do know that Nissan credits that $7500 Federal Tax Credit to the lessor, right? It went to lowering his payment, and he doesn't have to wait until next year or fill out paperwork or worry whether he has enough taxable income to take all of it.

ajshin27 said:
Just got my brand new 2013 Nissan Leaf S with charging package.

Down: $0
Payments: $240/month for 23 months everything included*
Disposition fee: $395

*In Georgia, they put into place a new law on ad valorem tax. So starting March 1, 2013, all car purchases will have an upfront ad valorem tax of 6.5%. Apparently, this goes for leases as well. The ad valorem tax for my Leaf was about $1400 or about $58/month for my 24 month lease. In return, there is no more "birthday tax." Plus, we get a $5,000 state tax credit.

I know some members prefer to calculate any tax incentives, but I honestly don't know how much of the incentives I'll be able to utilize, so I didn't include it.

Did I get a good deal? Was also considering a 2013 Prius II for $22,000.

Pretty good deal. Your total lease was $5520.

I had an offer for the same exact lease model that was about $150 cheaper. The Dispo fee is a pain to deal with.

Which dealer in Georgia, by the way?

Back