How Best to Measure Cell Voltage with LeafSpy

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsevier

When I look at cell to cell variation on our 2014 S, it will measure 15mv or so when in Park. What is the best way to measure (state of charge, load, temp, etc.). Thanks for your help!

Any extreme will show the weak points more than the norm. Battery high or low SOC. Extreme cold and extreme working conditions like up a hill on the freeway. During these times a weak cell or multiple may be exposed. The weak cell might be slightly off and not causing a problem or the vehicle may have reduced performance. The reduced performance may be avoidable but if the battery weak enough, the weather or commute is extreme enough the car may fail to perform the task. If performance was reduced/turtle mode then the problem would be evident without LeafSpy, LeafSpy would still be helpful for the additional information it provides. If the battery was showing weak cells but the vehicle was not showing reduced performance then LeafSpy might be the only way you would know there was a problem developing. LeafSpy is helpful and interesting but not an exact science and we don’t know the best way to measure everything and we don’t know the full significance of things like HX. I recommend you check it from time to time but don’t worry about it all the time.

Back